Anybody interested in fishing next Friday? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anybody interested in fishing next Friday?

teflon_jones
02-23-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm going to be heading out to do some trout fishing next Friday and I didn't know if anybody here was interested in joining me. I don't have a specific destination yet, but will probably hit the Swift or something else in central MA.

Oh, and if anybody has any other fishing suggestions I'm more than open to them. :)

teflon_jones
03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, I'll be fishing the Swift on Friday from near Belchertown Rd. Maybe I'll have the water all to myself! :)

Guernseybass
03-02-2006, 04:34 AM
Scott,

just out of interest, how do you plan to fish it this time of year - with streamers or bouncing a heavy or czech nymph on the bottom ?

i ask because next winter i hope to do some trouting there.

cheers

Mark.

BigDave
03-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Prepare for (ultra) high water! There are some salmon running around in there if you can get down to them!

jared
03-06-2006, 03:24 PM
so....how did we do on Friday? Was it wadeable?

-J

teflon_jones
07-10-2006, 03:05 PM
I just noticed the responses and I don't know if any of you guys are still watching this, but the forecast ended up being WAY off and it was a lot colder than they said. I only lasted about an hour and a half before I lost patience with my line getting frozen to the guides. I was using a double fly rig with a nymph and a dry (don't remember what) most of the time, then tried a streamer for a little while.