BUNKER! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BUNKER!

saltydog
02-15-2006, 09:34 AM
BUNKER flatwing. this is what I came up with. took a pic of the fish an then tied one. seems when I took the pic of both, the bunker came out darker an lost it silver color! any one else got any BUNKER FLATWINGS, Im always looking for different patterns.
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:smokin:

Dble Haul
02-15-2006, 11:17 AM
How about a recipe?

rel1
02-16-2006, 08:56 AM
[ any one else got any BUNKER FLATWINGS, Im always looking for different patterns.
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:smokin:[/QUOTE]saltydog- I use a type of flatwing bunke fly to imitate the peanuts. I tie a tail of bucktail with some flash and two sadles tied in flat. Next the body- any flash will do and a collar of white bucktail. Sometimes I use marabou next using two wraps before topping with alittle bucktail and another(silver doctor blue or olive) saddle tied in flat. If I don't use the marabou collar I top the white collar with some amber bucktail and top that with an olive saddle tied in flat, and add some Arctic fox for a second throat to give a deeper proflie.

Sorry, unable to send a picture. Ron

saltydog
02-17-2006, 10:35 AM
REL1. artic fox nice soft material. heres some I did for a SWAP one time.
GOOD LUCKGOOD TYIN:smokin:

saltydog
02-17-2006, 10:49 AM
RECIPE! MY BUNKER !

I use Eagle Claw 524N I like them better, bigger eye an more shine. thats me. you can use what ever you like.
2/0 254N
Thread--> white
Platform--> about 30 hairs white
Suport--> white saddle
Tail--> white saddle 2 silver flash
white saddle longer then the first 2 gold flash
pink saddle " " " last one 2 red flash
white saddle " " " 2 green flash
Body--> silver pearl
Collar Chartruce/ light blue/ white 2/3 rds around
Wing-->LONG Cream saddle 2 blue flash
Grizzly saddle long
Top--> GRAY saddle
EYES J.C.
your flatwing should be 8" of feathers an 1" of extended flash
run under HOT water an SHAPE. (tie up a DOZ, you"el need them)
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:smokin:

Dble Haul
02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the details Rich. :)