and don't forget the Bear's Den Show [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: and don't forget the Bear's Den Show

jfbasser
02-13-2006, 06:42 PM
This Wednesday evening Feb 15th

http://bearsden.com/

flydoc
02-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Unable to get to the Bear's Den show today due to unavoidable entanglements at work (so much for my so-called afternoon off):frown: . In desparation, I drove down to Chatham Light just as the sun was going down, so as to avoid a severe case of the glums. Here are some low light pics showing how things stand as of about 5 PM today...

PopnesetBay
02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Papers here in Up-state NY made it sound like Cape and Boston got buried with snow in last weekends Nor'ester. Great sundown pics but no snow??? Still too early to guess what things will look like come May??

Pete

flydoc
02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Got not quite a foot down here in Harwich- melting rapidly with quick warming into high 30's today and into the 40's next couple of days. Should be mostly/all melted before the artic blast moving in for the weekend...
Here's another familiar landmark, with what's left of the white stuff as backdrop...
Flydoc

Stevo
02-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Doc

It looks a little different, at mecca, from when I was there in early October 05. The sand still has a few months of Winter storms to shift it some more. Is there any chance it'll break through to the tub?

teflon_jones
02-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Papers here in Up-state NY made it sound like Cape and Boston got buried with snow in last weekends Nor'ester. Great sundown pics but no snow??? Still too early to guess what things will look like come May??

Pete
Snow doesn't stay around long on the Cape. I live 45 minutes from the Cape and I still have 6 inches in my yard, even after two days with 55 degree high temps.

flydoc
02-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Doc

It looks a little different, at mecca, from when I was there in early October 05. The sand still has a few months of Winter storms to shift it some more. Is there any chance it'll break through to the tub?

I'll try to get some daytime/high tide shots posted soon to give a better view on how things stand. That bowl off to the right is looking like it wants to work its way through to the other side; I guess time will tell.
Flydoc