Fly Fishing Forum banner

which inflatable material is better

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  teflon_jones 
#1 ·
I was looking at creek company and theirs has a heavy nylon outer with the inner inflatable bladder.I know the best are the seamless,or welded seamed pontoons.But i just wanted to know what was wrong with the double layered pontoons like the creek comp.,I was also looking at the heavy pvc material pontoons,is there any drawbacks with the heavy pvc vs. the heavy nylon covered bladder by creek comp.it seems like it would be harder to punchure the nylon covered bladder.My father just got a used creek company and the only thing i saw that was wrong was the steel frame was rusting and chipping,aluminum does seem the best.

#2 ·
I think both materials will do pretty much the same job on small craft. There's really no difference in performance, it just seems to be what one manufacturer prefers versus another for small craft. I think the pvc material does better on larger, heavier boats because it slides over obstructions easier than the fabric-covered products, which might tend to "grab" and hang up more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.