Fish coal mine pits [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fish coal mine pits

ladyflyfishing
02-13-2006, 10:10 AM
I live around several coal mine stripper pits and this lady loves to fly fish. Anyone else fly fish small ponds or coal mine pits? It's a lot of fun. Can't wait for warm weather to get back on the water with my fly rod and reel.

Dble Haul
02-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)

I do plenty of small pond flyfishing during the warmer months of the year. Keep an eye out in the Warmwater sections below. We post fly recipes to the archive and keep each other abreast of the fishing during the year.

After dealing with 20 inches of snow at my house yesterday, I'm ready for some pond fishing.

QuebecSporting
02-13-2006, 10:41 AM
small ponds or coal mine pits?

Hello.
I am intrigued?? :confused: Any photos of your area??

Thanks,

Ann

teflon_jones
02-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Most of the pits I know of aren't the best fishing holes because they're too sterile, i.e. not too many weeds or other structure.

ladyflyfishing
02-23-2006, 06:47 AM
http://www.in.gov/dnrSullivan Green State Forrest in southern Indiana was founded in 1936 and has over 120 fishing pits, it has the best fishing in Indiana. These pits have been here so long that sometimes it is hard to get your boat around for the weeds, but it makes for good fishing. Please come and try these fishing pits you will be amazed, also they stock trout in some of them www.in.gov/dnron left of page click on destinations, forests, scroll down and click Sullivan-Green State Foest.

ladyflyfishing
03-22-2006, 03:16 PM
It's almost time for me to get on the water and fly fish., but wait, what just fell out of the sky? O yes its 4 inches of snow, that Indiana weather for you. :chuckle:

Adrian
03-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Hope things warm up for you soon.:)

It looks like we dodged that bullet here in the NE this time. Just a few flurries on the drive from CT to MA this morning.

I'm hope to get out on the Hudson in the Kayak this w/e. Dry suit and thermal layers are the order of the day this time of year but that first trip out is always a bit special.

Charlie
03-22-2006, 04:30 PM
About an inch in Buffalo. :razz:

Things are looking better for the weekend however.

Charlie.