Orvis Customer Service [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Orvis Customer Service

BigDave
02-09-2006, 11:23 AM
A couple of weeks ago I broke a flyrod that has been with me since 7th grade - an Orvis Brook Trout. This has been my #1 trout rod for about 20 years :frown:

So I mailed the broken pieces back last Thursday and received a beautiful new Superfine 7'6" 4wt this morning. The rod is cosmetically different than the old Brook Trout but has the same smooth action. Talk about fast turnaround. Way to go Orvis :D

teflon_jones
02-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Always good to hear the good experiences and not just the complaints! Orvis customer service is really amazing.

My favorite trout rod is also an Orvis Brook Trout, same model as you use. I've landed more nice fish on that rod than any other. Brookies, smallmouth, salmon, chub, and more.

Dble Haul
02-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I have to concur with the comments about Orvis customer service. They have never let me down at either the local shop or national (internet) level.

reely
02-09-2006, 06:44 PM
The gear isn't my first choice but the service is first class. I have occasion to use it with rod's and reel's and they have delivered every time.

bonefishmon
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Was shopping with my wife in North Conway, NH several years back and hit the Orvis Factory Outlet first. Got a pair of Pro Guide I Gore Tex waders for half price. Fished them hard but hated the neophrene gravel guards. This fall one of the feet started leaking and then the other. Probably due to the gravel guard failure. It was during the cold and rainy Rhody Fest that I'd decided I'd had enough. Shipped them back to Roanoke, Va. a week ago and guess what I get back in the mail today? Brand spanking new Pro Guide II's waders with the improved gravel guards and front pouch! Way to go Orvis!

My 9/10 DXR reel failed this fall during the Shadfest. Repaired by Orvis for $10.00 to cover shipping. The service is second to none. You get what you pay for and then some!

I'm a fan, forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil

burns
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
A few years ago a friend stepped on and snapped my Silver Label 864-4. I shipped it back to Orvis - and got back a brand new Silver Label 864-4. Love that warranty.

Warren
07-10-2007, 06:48 PM
If I recall, recently someone else had a Superfine trout bum rod that broke that he bought used. Orvis didn't seem to care and sent him a new style Superfine regardless. Was that You TJ?

I have a two year old Superfine 4Wt 7'-6" Trout Bum model & I absolutely love the thing.

marcusjanssen
07-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I have to say, that I have owned rods by many manufacturers, and the after sales service has varied hugely. I have found that the American (I am a South African living in the UK, so no bias towards the US) brands have a far higher standard of aftersales service than some of the other big names I have dealt with. But, top of the pile by a long way, has always been Orvis.

Bob Pauli
07-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Orvis customer service is superb.

petevicar
07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
When I was fishing Cape Cod in June, I used an Orvis clear intermediate line which was crap.
It continually twisted and knotted itself.
I took it back to "Fishing the Cape" and asked themfor their comments. They said that the line I had was not good and that Orvis had made a new one which was much better.
They agreed to send my line back to Orvis and for Orvis to send me a replacement.

I have heard nothing since.

Normally I have found Orvis service good but in this case I'm sorry.......

Pete

flydoc
07-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Pete- sounds more like the local shop might have messed things up- I do alot of business with them and generally they're pretty good, so I would recommend you call up the shop and ask them to follow up with Orvis on the line replacement.
Flydoc