Simon Gawesworth's New Video (Rio) [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Simon Gawesworth's New Video (Rio)

juro
02-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Great to hear that the new Spey video from our sponsor Rio Products is ready. Eddie, Tom Eichler and myself had a hand in it by organizing the saltwater segment for Simon in Chatham on Cape Cod. Many great casters and anglers like Ed Ward, Dana Sturn, Scott O'Donnell & Mike McCune, George Cook and da' man himself Simon G.

Look for it at your Rio dealer's soon!

Check out the trailer from Simon's site:

http://www.speyborn.com/MSCTrailer256.wmv

Charlie
02-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Very cool!

Simon didn't say anything about this last time I saw him. I will need to get a copy.

Charlie.

fredaevans
02-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Gather this is a three disk set with about an hour of 'film time.' Due at dealers around Feb 20th; gather there's quite a "waiting list" already.

striperfly
02-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Juro,
I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Tom (Eichler)

juro
02-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Like his book, this must be THE definitive video work on the topic ever. Sounds like an exaggeration? Well, consider this - it's a three DVD set that leaves nothing out whatsoever and with Simon's eloquent and razor sharp attention to detail and his cast of supporting characters it's simply epic.

It's a Spey mini-series for goodness sakes! I haven't been flippin DVD so fast since "band of brothers". It's the dogs bollocks mate!

There's even a segment on a cast I stumbled upon as the upriver snake - except they called it some hot cross bun or jelly roll or something :lildevl:

Absolutely amazing work, a magnum opus from the Sultan of Spey himself. If you are interested in Spey, or two-handed fishing from the surf this is required viewing.

Now excuse me I need to move this screen out of the way to watch more...

Bob Pauli
02-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Fred,
It's about 4 hours of viewing.

jamie
03-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Looks the dawgs danglies - any idea when it is out?

fredaevans
03-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Quit thinking about it! Buy this DVD set; it IS that good!!

Adrian
03-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Mine arrived Saturday and I had to wait until last night to get a look having been at the Show. I almost trashed my laptop battery glued to it on my commute home from the city tonight. Tons of solid practical stuff. Everything broken down into logical/manageable steps that even I can understand.:)

Can't wait to get outdoors and start practicing.:smokin: