Help IronMike fight cancer… [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Help IronMike fight cancer…

02-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately I have had a number of people in my life affected by cancer including a few coworkers over just the last few weeks. With that said, I would like to do a little something to help Mike raise some more funds for his efforts. So I am offering as a thank you to anyone who donates to his cause a chance at a ride on the Avril Marie this sping, summer or fall. I wish I could take everyone but that just isn’t in the cards. So, if you donate and want to go fishing, please post so here. It doesn’t matter if it is a dollar or something more substantial, as I’m sure every little bit will help. On May 1st I will put all the names in a hat and draw a name. That person will have their choice of season off the RI/CT coast and an all expense paid trip on me. Food and non-alcoholic beverages included. All you need to do is meet me at our chosen boat ramp, bring your favorite rods and some good mojo. I will do my best to put you on some fish. I am not a guide so this will just be a few guys who like to fish enjoying a day on the water. Here are a few pics of some anglers who enjoyed their time on the boat this summer to get your philanthropic juices flowing!!!

02-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I am truly speechless (and you can just ask my wife how rare THAT is). What a selfless and generous gesture.
This is exactly the kind of spirit I've come to admire, and expect, from the ladies and gentlemen who enjoy this sport.

Sean, thank you!

02-08-2006, 09:04 AM
The link Sean posted is my web page at the Pan-Mass Challenge, which has a story about why I started as well as a link to donate on-line using any credit card (totally secure). You can go directly there by this link:

When your donation is receivied, I get an automatically genereted email stating so, so you can verify through me that your donation was processed.

Of course, I can also accept checks (made out to The Jimmy Fund), money orders or cash, just contact me via PM or Email for my address.

PS: The PMC/The Jimmy Fund is a 501/509 charity.

02-08-2006, 07:19 PM
That's great! Juro, please check your PM asap!