Help IronMike fight cancer… [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Help IronMike fight cancer…

Smcdermott
02-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately I have had a number of people in my life affected by cancer including a few coworkers over just the last few weeks. With that said, I would like to do a little something to help Mike raise some more funds for his efforts. So I am offering as a thank you to anyone who donates to his cause a chance at a ride on the Avril Marie this sping, summer or fall. I wish I could take everyone but that just isn’t in the cards. So, if you donate and want to go fishing, please post so here. It doesn’t matter if it is a dollar or something more substantial, as I’m sure every little bit will help. On May 1st I will put all the names in a hat and draw a name. That person will have their choice of season off the RI/CT coast and an all expense paid trip on me. Food and non-alcoholic beverages included. All you need to do is meet me at our chosen boat ramp, bring your favorite rods and some good mojo. I will do my best to put you on some fish. I am not a guide so this will just be a few guys who like to fish enjoying a day on the water. Here are a few pics of some anglers who enjoyed their time on the boat this summer to get your philanthropic juices flowing!!!

http://www.pmc.org/mypmc/profiles.asp?Section=story&eGiftID=MM0249

Sean

IronMike
02-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I am truly speechless (and you can just ask my wife how rare THAT is). What a selfless and generous gesture.
This is exactly the kind of spirit I've come to admire, and expect, from the ladies and gentlemen who enjoy this sport.

Sean, thank you!

IronMike
02-08-2006, 10:04 AM
The link Sean posted is my web page at the Pan-Mass Challenge, which has a story about why I started as well as a link to donate on-line using any credit card (totally secure). You can go directly there by this link:

https://www.pmc.org/egifts/giftinfo.asp?eGiftID=MM0249

When your donation is receivied, I get an automatically genereted email stating so, so you can verify through me that your donation was processed.

Of course, I can also accept checks (made out to The Jimmy Fund), money orders or cash, just contact me via PM or Email for my address.

THANK YOU!

PS: The PMC/The Jimmy Fund is a 501/509 charity.

IronMike
02-08-2006, 08:19 PM
That's great! Juro, please check your PM asap!