If anybody else think Superbowl is retarded... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: If anybody else think Superbowl is retarded...

SteelheadKid
02-04-2006, 05:29 PM
...and would rather go fishing than watch a bunch of sweaty dudes slap each other's asses, I am looking for someone to join me tomorrow.

The wind is supposed to die down and the upper Skagit is supposed to be dialed in and i'll be heading up above Fabers Landing area to fish a few bars in the late morning early afternoon. I am dying to to break in my new reel and try out some new flies :) . If anyone wants to share some knowledge and spend a day on the river let me know.

Call if you want to come.
360-913-0233
Always looking for a fishing partner. -Nick

Eric
02-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey, Kid,

You're right about Superbowl Sunday being a great day to fish. If ever you were going to find solitude on a weekend day, this would be the one.

Good luck,

Eric

andre
02-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't say its retarded. If you choose not to watch the game great!

juro
02-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Good luck on the water. 134 million others will be watching so the Seahawk's 12th man will be present and accounted for even a couple of us on the east coast :smokin:

fredaevans
02-05-2006, 02:30 PM
SK may have more company than he thinks. Per local TV (we get the PNW channel here in Ashland) 40,000 some folks are still without power in the Puget Sound tri-county area.

Don't know how many homes that represent ... but that's a lot of dark tv sets.:whoa:

juro
02-05-2006, 03:19 PM
FX McCrory's will be PACKED.

(sincere wishes for a speedy recovery of power to the homes of the good people of the PNW)

Eddie
02-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I think my brother is retarded.

SteelheadKid
02-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Well I am back. I decided to go to the NF Nooksack river instead. It was a long shot for good water conditions after the rain last night, but it was in the low 30's this morning and the snow level was low. I got up there and was pleasantly suprised! The river had 2.5-3' of visibility and was glacier green. :cool: Perfect...

No fish on today, but found a new promising looking stretch of holding water and I got to break in the new reel and see how some of my new fly patterns swam, so the day wasn't a bust.

Firemedic98323
02-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Nick...

I agree....

I'll give you a call... or ANYone can call me if you wanna talk flyfishing!

I've got a new Kensington 9 weight and it's never had a fish on it... but it feels the Need for Speed!

Also, anyone here ever fished the Kalama River down near Battle Ground? It's just north of Vancouver, WA. I hear there's Steelhead in it??

Btw... I'm a firefighter/paramedic so my work schedule allows lots of time to so... weekdays are good too.

Dean

Cellular: (253) 318-2042

http://static.flickr.com/37/105137798_8fcf7afaf2_m.jpg
My First Pink- Brown's Point, Tacoma, Puget Sound

SteelheadKid
02-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Dean, if you are ever up in the north puget sound area, give me a call! If you are up here before March 15th, I got a few places that will have a decent chance of warming up that 9wt. :)

Eric
02-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Glad to see you back, kid. I was worried.

--Eric

striblue
02-28-2006, 02:14 AM
Love this thread... what's wrong with being retarded... I have been retarded for years... so they say... but I having a good time on the water!:smokin: :Eyecrazy: