recomendations for march fishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: recomendations for march fishing

01-31-2006, 07:46 PM
i've got a great problem. my wife is visiting her sister in germany sometime during the last 2 weeks of march. that means that i can get a free pass for a 3-5 day fishing trip while she's to florida and the carribean are virtually all booked up as are places to stay as it is spring break. i thoiught about an early spring trout or bass or other cold water fishing here in the states. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

01-31-2006, 11:06 PM
I wonder how the redfish flats are fishing in March?

Keys should be good for bones.

If the water level is right Pulaski has been having a good season.

Also a very good time for a wild steelhead trip to the pacific northwest, maybe the Riveraddict has an opening. Flights are cheap!

02-01-2006, 09:30 AM
How about fishing the Devil's River in Texas for some smallmouth?

02-01-2006, 11:35 AM

Juro is right on about the Salmon River in Pulaski. Some friends fished it a few weeks back and did well. We have been getting fish around Buffalo but it is very spotty. The Catt. has not been fishable for close to two months.

02-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I always have wondered what the Charleston SC area might be like for March redfish fishing. Might there even be a striper there?

Also what about the White River in Arkansas' Ozark Mtns? I have always wanted to fish there. I drove by it once on business. Absolutely beautiful. March would not be too hot temperature wise yet it would be a lot warmer than here. I don't think it is a big spring break destination. It has great tailwater fishing.