Quebec Rivers [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Quebec Rivers

Salar-1
01-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Since folk were mentioning the good folk in the Gaspe ZEC office I'd like to whet your appetites with attached pic's taken on other rivers around the province.
#1 is Grande Riviere

Salar-1
01-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Another underwater shot of the fish nearest the fisherguy in the 1st post

Salar-1
01-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Another great river ,The Bonaventure (and its fish)

Salar-1
01-17-2006, 07:19 PM
2nd to last post for today and this time fom Qc.'s North shore ,The St Jean de Saguenay.Second jpg is a view of the Saguenay River.

Salar-1
01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Last of all for today.The Riviere Gouffre (also on the North shore) ,which actually has a decent Steelhead run and dedicated local Steelheaders.The Steelhead seem to migrate to different pools than the Atlantics .
I sincerely hope that this series has/and will show other rivers in Qc. ,some of which are going begging for fishermen

wilson
01-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Wait a tick...Steelhead in an Atlantic Salmon river...in QC. Do tell? How far up the shore is this river?

I know of 2 Steelhead being caught below the St. Lawrence, wondered where they came from. One on the Petite and one on a Cape Breton river. I thought they might be hatchery strays.

BTW - Truly Gods country up there. I do love it so, just when the wild roses are in bloom.

Charlie
01-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Some very Cool pictures Brian. To bad I have to wait so long to fish them. What I would give to catch a fish on a dry line at this time of year.

Charlie

juro
01-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Beautiful tour!

How did you get those underwaters shots - thru a scope?

Green Ghost
01-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi Brian,

Thank you for the previous reply on the 75/25 thread- hope we all are being heard up there.

This photo is very similar to one that you posted and I thought I would share it. Absoloutely Crystal clear isn't it?

Salar-1
01-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Wilson
The Gouffre is about 1 1/2 hrs drive past Quebec City. Theory is they're strays from the Great Lakes. When the fish ladder was operating on the Jacques Cartier I witnessed a 30lb+ Chinook swiming around in the cage.It had arrived that morning and was extremely agitated at being trapped .The operator raised the cage so we could check it out and once identified he chucked it back downstream from the dam.The ZEC office later told me it attempted again three more times That year a Brown (estimated at 25 lbs) ,also tried the fish ladder !
Juro
I just put the camera in the water and aimed in the general direction of the fish.
Charlie
Glad ya liked the pic's ! Yep , hear ya regarding ANY kind of fly fishing !!
Green Ghost
HMMMMM A few more fish in your pic ! What a super river to fish !

Salar-1
01-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Wilson
Reference Steelies in Atlantic Salmon rivers
There's a small synopsys on University of Laval's site
http://www.bio.ulaval.ca/CIRSA/rapport.htm
Go to rapport annuell 2004-2005 and scroll down to page 16(English on left side of page)

Salar-1
01-25-2006, 07:15 AM
while transfering slides to CD found this accidental double exposure !

chromedome
01-25-2006, 11:26 AM
As much as I enjoy my steelie fishing here in the US, its a little disturbing to hear of them being present in the atlantic salmon rivers. I knew there was a concern in Newfoundland and certainly since they're in Lake Ontario in great number, I suppose its only a matter of time for them to spread out down the St. Lawrence. But I'd be curious to know just how much inroad steelies have in general made in the traditional salmon rivers. I have read where there is concern that they will compete too successfully with the salmon thus reducing the numbers of the latter.

fcch
01-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Brian, ... we don't have that emerald water, ... but:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/fcch/IM001251.jpg
... we do have fun :)
(Alan's Arm - #23 Ste-Marguerite River)

p.s. ... Picture from late June 2005, ... The remnants of Katrina re-arranged the pool quite a bit. It should be REALLY neat. We're chompin' at the bit waiting to get there in the spring.