SPRING CLAVE DATES [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: SPRING CLAVE DATES

juro
01-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Spring Clave Dates: May 20-21 (weekend before Memorial Day madness)

Lodging: Stone Horse Motel / Harwich
Fishing: Outer beaches, Refuge flats, south side herring runs, etc.

Saturday night group dinner: Squires 'pit' or Stone Horse barbeque

RSVP will be requested later in the winter for headcounts and reservations.

The tides suck but what the heck we can't do it on Memorial Day :lildevl: :cool:

Hawkeye
01-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Sounds good to me. I can't wait to do more fishing this year. Last season just seemed to dribble by with me hardly wetting a line.

jfbasser
01-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Looks good...we should think about a follow-up MaineClave in the Summer as something a little different for the 06 Calendar;)

flydoc
01-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Juro- Thanks for the early heads up- I'll make sure to clear that weekend on my calender. Will there be plans for fishing on Friday? If so, I'll ask for that off as well...in the meantime, I'll talk to NASA about those tides:hihi:
Flydoc

jimS
01-12-2006, 07:05 PM
in fact I'm in an efficiency at the Stone Horse for six weeks since the Causeway Saloon is closed, due to an astronomical increase in tariff. Matt, manager, Stone Horse, is a great guy, and thanks to Juro, has a super deal for out-of-town fisherman. It is on the Harwich/Chatham line on Rt 28. Continual upgrading of the motel and amenities makes this a superb hub for forum activities. Lots of room on the grounds for socializing. I think the best place on the elbow of the cape for our needs!

Adrian
01-12-2006, 08:00 PM
As those mad Guinness professors would say BRILLIANT !!!:D

Quentin
01-12-2006, 09:36 PM
. . . The tides suck but what the heck . . .

But the fish don't know that! I'm in :cool: .

Q

FishHawk
01-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Great news . I'm in for sure. By the way I got a new raincoat on order.:lildevl:
Looking forward to the Stone Horse Saloon. FishHawk:chuckle: :hihi:

striblue
01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Sounds Good to me...

grizz0707
01-17-2006, 07:22 PM
I will have to miss this great event due to work. Have a great time
fish we must,
grizz0707

bonefishmon
01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Can't wait.

Phil Sheffield

Chris
01-19-2006, 06:45 AM
I'm in!! This is the high holiday of my religion. OOOMMMM!!

rooster
01-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Wine! Can't wait to see some of you buggers again. Let's hope it is alittle dryer this year, but who really cares!
Cheers,
DK:biggrin:

Jimmy
01-19-2006, 08:50 PM
I missed last year. Not this year. I'm in.

Adrian
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Ah Dennis, now you've gone and done it:smokin:

Le Grande Cru 'DK' and beaucoup de fromage du Bistro Stop-et-Shop :D

flydoc
01-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Adrian- and don't forget Kentucky's finest...le whiskey de Bourbon:Eyecrazy: ...I'm bringing Maker's Mark...JD ain't bad either (although not officially Bourbon).
Flydoc

kennebecfly
01-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Sounds good !

juro
01-22-2006, 07:13 AM
I will share (inflict?) my newfound love of fine Tequila upon the ranks on the Saturday night get together.

I'd better start making lodging arrangements - at that time we will need some level of commitment to hold rooms or else we'll leave it up to you to make your own.

jimS
03-20-2006, 12:59 PM
The tides aren't too bad for May 20 & 21 at Stage Harbor. 6:15 a.m. high of 4.2 feet on Saturday. Nice to see sunrise at 5:15 a.m. Later in the week new moon tides kick in. Look forward to the new and old faces at the clave.

So Juro, you bringin the guitar and tequila? Dennis will bring the wine, and I'll a dram or two of single malt.

FishHawk
03-20-2006, 01:33 PM
After all the "Pogy Oil" and entertainment, I'll bet we don't make the first shuttle.
We can always stumble to the UDL which is not that bad of a walk.:chuckle: :lildevl: FishHawk

Warren
03-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Drats :frown: I will be in Kansas that weekend. I was hoping to get in on this adventure & meet some of you guys. Oh well I am sure that there will be ample opertunity to get out to the coast this summer. I am working on the boss as we speak :D

Adrian
03-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Warren, sorry you won't make this one but have no fear, there will be plenty of opportunties during the course of the summer and fall.

juro
03-20-2006, 05:18 PM
So Juro, you bringin the guitar and tequila? Dennis will bring the wine, and I'll a dram or two of single malt.

Adrian, Big Dave and a few others will also be bringing their fiddles. I hope we can get Terry Weir (who actually sidelines as a guitar player in pubs).

I will have a bottle of Patron, limes and salt ready for the Saturday night feed.

Also, I will provide the littlenecks on the grill with garlic dill butter garnish again.

Adrian
03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Spring Clave Jam, far out man! :smokin:

seuss
03-21-2006, 08:26 AM
i'm in.

already set with lodging.

kennebecfly
03-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Made my reservations today ! I will be arriveing the 18 and leaveing the 21 :)

titleguy
03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Juro- I might be able to make that. Right now, I don't have kids that weekend, but schedule is subject to change, and, of course, that is Hendrickson time in these parts. What's lodging availability?

jfbasser
03-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Were we going to Spey / Skagit the Canal on the 19th or am of the 20th? There should be some big fish around.

Adrian
03-21-2006, 12:20 PM
John, how do p.m. tides look for the canal on 5/19?

juro
03-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Lodging avail is good now but we will need to commit to rooms very soon... someone should start a signup thread.

jfbasser
03-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Adrian, PM tides are high. The two areas I had in mind fish real well at low to 3 hours incoming....plus at low there are not that many obstructions for the retrieve. I think I have one high tide spot that is doable but has been untested for 3 years:biggrin: Maybe striperstripper has an alternative? There is always Monday after late breakfast till 3 pm?

jimS
03-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Juro, I can do the signup for the clave. One caveat, I'll be in Oz the month of April. Lodging for the clave should be made soon. The Stone Horse is headquarters and a great place to stay. It is located on Rt 28 just inside the Harwich line from Chatham. Close to the best fishing on the elbow. Talk to Matt there, 508.430.2220. Juro has negotiated some great deals there.

porkslice
03-22-2006, 06:29 PM
I will definetly be there, can't wait to see everone!

porkslice

Smcdermott
03-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately I can't make it. Flying out to Mexico on the 21st. Hope to get in some time on the bay on the 20th and will be hunting bones with Alex Euan in Cozumel on Monday the 22nc. Pray for sun.

Sean

striblue
03-22-2006, 09:11 PM
If anyone falls short on staying at the Stonehorse...or if anyone makes a last minute decision anyone is welcome to stay at CAC.... Just stay away from my pogy oil:hihi: ;)

teflon_jones
03-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately I can't make it. I'll be down in the Outer Banks of NC on vacation visiting my dad and stepmom. Of course the stripers are all going to be up here by then, but I'm sure I'll find something to fish for. :)

kennebecfly
03-23-2006, 04:50 AM
Glad to see you can make it Jim:smokin:

flydoc
03-23-2006, 06:26 PM
If anyone falls short on staying at the Stonehorse...or if anyone makes a last minute decision anyone is welcome to stay at CAC.... Just stay away from my pogy oil

John- FYI- had to sell my house in Harwich, and I've been living underneath the deck at the CAC for the last couple of weeks-just so you don't freak when a scraggly looking person mumbling medicalese comes stumbling across your yard there in the middle of the night:hihi:
P.S.- oops- should have warned me about that pogy oil....:Eyecrazy:
Flydoc

striblue
03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Doc... I have no fear!!!!!...need to discus military history with you... while sipping on pogy oil naturally...perhaps the dates for the next ice age...or when earth loses it's magnetic field....or have we spotted the big asteroid yet.... actually I am buying a telescope for this summer... a nice Meade.Telsescope... I am certain I will spot the "Chatham Asteroid" ....by...say August?

Dave17
03-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Jim,

I just noticed your post on the sign up thread. If you want to get it started I can tend to it while you're in OZ. Let me know what you think.

I'm going to book my flight today. Coming in Friday afternoon and heading out Sunday mid day.

juro
03-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Brutha! Good to hear youre coming up.

Don't forget to get your fingers loose - you're on the performer's list for the acoustic jam Sat PM. :cool:

jimS
03-28-2006, 01:51 PM
We have a quorum. Here's the list for the Spring Striper Clave, May 19-21.
Juro
Hawkeye
jfbasser
flydoc
Adrian
Quentin
FishHawk
Striblue
Bonefishmon
Chris
Rooster
Jimmy
Kennecbecfly
Seuss
Porkslice
Dave17
JimS
Sephon

Juro has graciously volunteered to prove live entertainment for the Saturday night foodfest at the Stone Horse. As the time approaches we'll get a menu together and divvy up the duties.

We have a real veteran class of anglers for this event. I hope that some of the newer forum members signup. Its not only a social experience, but a chance to learn the fishery on the Cape from the real pros that will be attending.

Regardless of the weather, a lot of fish will be caught that weekend. In fact, except for Saturday night, I personally, hope its nasty out there.

Dave17, it would be great if you could keep this thread going while I'm gone in April.

juro
03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Awesome Jim!

Entertainment will be a mix of the fine picking of Adrian (he even uses more than one finger on the strings!) the classic blues by Dave17, Bigdave (who plays in a band) has threatened to stop by, and yes I will attempt to get the stray dogs in the neighborhood to howl at the moon. I am really hoping Lefty stops in as he is also an experienced fiddler who plays in pubs and bluegrass venues etc.

Striblue - should we make it a CAC party on Sat? How many people will that deck hold?

FredA
03-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Haven't thought that far ahead yet but I do plan on attending this event.

sean
03-28-2006, 03:29 PM
I will there as well.

-sean

bonefishmon
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Awesome Jim!

Entertainment will be a mix of the fine picking of Adrian (he even uses more than one finger on the strings!) the classic blues by Dave17, Bigdave (who plays in a band) has threatened to stop by, and yes I will attempt to get the stray dogs in the neighborhood to howl at the moon. I am really hoping Lefty stops in as he is also an experienced fiddler who plays in pubs and bluegrass venues etc.

Striblue - should we make it a CAC party on Sat? How many people will that deck hold?

A little Pogy Oil and I might just break out the blues harp. Played in a blues band in my twenties.

Phil

juro
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Rooster mentioned Walt, so with Sean and Fred that makes 21 I think... hope the gang can make Sat dinner.

Dinner at the main Stonehorse dining facility and cigar / scotch at the CAC afterwards (by invitation of Mr.Striblue).

Alternatively dinner could be in the pit at Squires as well. In either case, we will retire to the CAC after dinner.

striperstripper
03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
I will be there also:hihi:

striblue
03-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Juro...as we spoke today.... dinner at the Stone horse... then back to CAC for pogy oil and Cigars... I have two boxes of Punch Maduro robustos... and will have pogy oil as well... after dinner... those who have not worn the fez!... beware!!!... it will be required, (naturally, only after three shots of pogy oil which make the transition simple)...if not...take it up with Pete (penguin)! The deck will hold what we have as will the porch and living room.....slight of heart ? we will change you!!!!!!

Dave17
03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Wow, what a bunch of ringers on that list:lildevl:

Will do Jim, I'll keep track while you're away.

striblue
03-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Ok... here's the test.... who will make it up the next morning?... I will be watching those who dump the pogy oil into the ground or stamp out their cigars!.... The spring clave will require fortitude.... no slinking off.. and no "jee... I am tired and need to get to bed so I can get up in the morning"...This can be a dangerious statement...ask Fish Hawk...Our CIA operative.... he will be WATCHING!!!!:wink: :lildevl: If you have medical issues...flydoc is around... I remember meeting him in Cairo in ' 42, Rommel had us surrounded..but we had to rely on Monty... we figured..."who will be worried about a couple flyfishermen?"... I was on a dig and he showed up with a fly rod....I did not have one and thought it odd that here is a guy with a fly rod ....Here was catching Nile Perch. but then we retreated to the "tents" and planned our escape..We made it to Morrocco... and then to the states.... we will tell you about all this at the clave....... and a history had begun!

jimS
03-28-2006, 06:15 PM
The total right now is 22. I know there are others that have not committed, who need to check their calendars for conflicts. The additions include Walt, (Rooster's buddy from Calif), Stripperstriper, Sean and FredA. Gotta have CSJ60, Paxton, KMcFly, Admiral Ed and Keith Lincoln in the event.

Thanks to Striblue for making the CAC available for cigars, after dinner drinks, and the infamous fez. For those who need a designated driver to the mayor's house, its a short hop from the Stone Horse.

More info as the event gets closer, about six weeks, eh?

jfbasser
03-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Hope we get some fishing in this year, Fred!:biggrin:

I will make sure to bring a "sissy stick" along for McFly!!!!!!!!!

FrankF
03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
The total right now is 22. I know there are others that have not committed, who need to check their calendars for conflicts. The additions include Walt, (Rooster's buddy from Calif), Stripperstriper, Sean and FredA. Gotta have CSJ60, Paxton, KMcFly, Admiral Ed and Keith Lincoln in the event.

Thanks to Striblue for making the CAC available for cigars, after dinner drinks, and the infamous fez. For those who need a designated driver to the mayor's house, its a short hop from the Stone Horse.

More info as the event gets closer, about six weeks, eh?

Hello Jim:

Add another fly fisher to your total. I'v made my reservations at the Stone Horse.
See you on the 19th.

Frank

flydoc
03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Juro...as we spoke today.... dinner at the Stone horse... then back to CAC for pogy oil and Cigars... I have two boxes of Punch Maduro robustos... and will have pogy oil as well... after dinner... those who have not worn the fez!... beware!!!... it will be required, (naturally, only after three shots of pogy oil which make the transition simple)...if not...take it up with Pete (penguin)! The deck will hold what we have as will the porch and living room.....slight of heart ? we will change you!!!!!!

John- hard to believe, but my shiny pate has yet to be graced with the ultimate in the haberdasher's art- looking forward to both the refreshment and the ceremony.
Flydoc

PopnesetBay
03-28-2006, 07:42 PM
My "Mommy" has said I can go play with the big boys so I will be there also.

Reservations made at the Stone Horse for Fri/Sat nites (arrival Fri, mid afternoon, as it is 8 hours from up-state NY). What will be the plans for Fri nite..where and when?

Will be there thru Sun afternoon or eve then back to Mashpee and then home on Monday.

Have 8-9-10 wt fly rods, 10wt "Switch Rod" and a couple of Spey Rods. Suggestions on what to bring or should I pack the whole arsenal and make my decision at "Oh Dark Thirty" Sat morn?

Any place near Motel where I might have a shot at fish Fri afternoon? Am VERY unfamiliar with this area as far as fishing is concerned.

Will be nice to finally put faces with names. Looking forward to the weekend.

Pete Readel (PopnesetBay)

striblue
03-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Pete... glad you can make it...BUT you will never get home;) on Monday!!!!!:lildevl:

striblue
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Doc... remember when we were in the hold of the steamship heading out of Oran....And you said If I ever get out of this I will go to Medical school. ... and I joked that I would go to law school... and we both laughted till we passsed out after we finished the quart of Absinsith...or somthing thing like that (sp)... Ahhh!!! those were the days!!!!

Slinger
03-29-2006, 01:13 AM
I`ve been planing on attending but was waiting for a sign-up sheet, I guess this is it, so I`ll be there on Fri. with Cantanchorus in tow. Are there still rooms at the Stone Pony? Will be launching at Saqatucket around dawn on Fri to fish the west side flats.
Slinger

FredA
03-29-2006, 04:39 AM
I will be able to put up a few people in Dennis if the inn is full, although I might fall asleep on the deck of the cac after one or two fingers of peat water.

CSJ60
03-29-2006, 06:01 AM
You can add me to the list...

PopnesetBay
03-29-2006, 06:56 AM
When I made reservations yesterday AM (3/28) Matt did not indicate that there was any problem with "room at the inn" but I wouldn't wait too long!! From the looks of the sign up appears that we may need a bus to ferry everyone around.:chuckle: Juro, or someone, worked out a good deal for rates but be sure to let them know you are with the "Clave".

Pete

jimS
03-29-2006, 07:43 AM
The signup list continues to grow with the additions of FrankF, PopnesetBay, Slinger & CSJ60. I think the total is 26. It may well be "standing room only" at Striblue's Chatham Anglers Club (CAC) for the fez ceremony.

PopnesetBay: Most of the regulars on the Cape use 9wt rods, and depending on the locale, intermediate and 300-350grain sinktip lines. Fly of choice, see previous posts, but, if you had to select one "go to" fly, it would be Juro's Deep Eel, size 2 - 1/0. As we get closer to the dates, we'll link you up with one of the regulars, or provide directions on some fishy locations.

The Stone Horse Motel is a comfortable, large motel, but I wouldn't wait too long to reserve a room. You can check availability online at: stonehorsemotel.com.

jfbasser
03-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Bring that switch rod! Meiser I presume... short bellied line like a Skagit?We may meet at the canal Friday afternoon for some two-handed action prior to heading to the Outer Cape...Heading off the Cape on Monday morning may also work out for some...

PopnesetBay
03-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Not a Meiser...one I had custom done on a FT1010-4 Blank with removable 2handed casting butt. As a 2 hander its 10'6" and still trying to get right line for it. Have a Rio Outbound 11wt that I have not yet tried and just got today Ovis 10wt interchangeable head system..obviously not tried. By Clave time should have it dialed in. As time gets near will see if there is to be any Friday activities around the "Ditch"....if I leave early enough might be able to join in. Plans can be finalized as the who's - where's - and when's firm up.

jfbasser
03-29-2006, 06:32 PM
I may have a Meiser by then..but I will certainly be at the Ditch in any case on Friday before heading down Cape. Have fun sorting out those lines.

sean
03-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Friday ditch rendevous sounds good:cool:

Have skagit lines and will travel....

-sean

juro
03-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes it does sound interesting... also there are opportunities for some serious action on the flood and ebb on the southside rivers since herring will be around, thus so will the really big bass. Good application for Skagit casting or more specifically the lines, flies and casting in current.

Sean,

I think instead of the shorter skagit rods that work well in the PNW for the ditch it might take a much bigger rod since the canal is about a 1/2 mile wide and most of the spots are real rocky just to put the water anchor out a ways. Also the flies are bigger by like 5x typically for herring imitation, atlantic squid etc. This would raise the grains carrying ability which is already quite large due to the design.

What do you think? Anyone have a Skagit line recipe for a 16ft rod? :D

sean
03-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Just a skagit head with a 10' cheater and a 10' - 20' tip will get you in the length requirements for a 16' rod. As for flies the well designed herring flies are really not much heavier than a big intruder. Especially if like your deep eel the materials balance themselves.

I will have my ian gordon 16' by then and will bring it along. Paired with the 750 skagit it should be a rocket launcher.

-sean

juro
03-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Well hopefully the grain requirements fall into play as well... unless Aaron has got his hands on some 21wt belly lately :D

I agree that the balance of the fly is key, in Skagit casting so will the draw of water on the materials causing drag coming out of the water. Although line tension is important once the load progresses down the taper and leader I don't think a sudden increase in surface tension at the end of the load will be as accomodating with a herring fly as it will with other patterns. We will have to play around with that but in any case Skagit setups are definitely the way to combat this as you say (e.g. intruder).

Gonna be fun!

Also - the herring run will have herring in it (should) and area rivers from Pleasant Bay 'round to Buzzards Bay will have them too... so even if not the ditch the applications during flood and ebb tides all over should befit the challenge. Especially where the water is shallower (e.g. Herring River) and a sinking tip would accomodate a more spey-like scenario with the current, setting up single moves etc. I know some spots where 45# bass have come from amazingly small pieces of water where this approach would be ideal.

juro
03-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Not to mention the fact that with the new "trap" in the refuge many confused migrants should be shoaling for sight fishers, and the epic migratory phase on the big beaches with the overhead twohand attack, etc etc...

jfbasser
03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I will check out the afternoon high tide spot on the Big River a few times before the Clave (with jigs of course on the short cast) to see if some fish are around in tight.:lildevl:

Doc Duprey
03-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Count me in for the 'Clave this year...still some room at the Stone Horse as of this morning, but it's filling up, so don't wait.

As to the Ditch expedition on Friday...where and what time? Sounds like fun and I'm in! I'll bring the cameras, so we can record this one (digitally) for posterity.

(Probably guarantees rain...:confused: )

Best regards,

Doc

jfbasser
03-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Glad to see that you will be able to make it Doc!

titleguy
03-31-2006, 06:19 PM
I'll be there, but staying on Stage Island at a friend's house, so the Squire lookin' good. We may have two boats, one of which is rip capable, the other is my new craft 15' Logic. Look forward to meeting you fellows and tipping a flask. Any body carry vhf? If so, usually talk on 72. I'm working in Portland on Friday, so we'll be ready 0:dark:30 on Saturday and I can stay 'til Monday. We are planning on hitting our favorite hunting spots in Pleasant Bay, but with fly rods.:razz:

Juro- can give you my kalik soaked memories of Eleuthera. You guys are much more experienced than I with the bones, but damn, I had fun.:smokin:

flydoc
03-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Titleguy- did you say hunting spots on Pleasant Bay? We definitely have to hook up at the Spring Clave- I live in Harwich and just got into waterfowling a couple of years ago. I usually head down to Osterville to hunt with my orthopedist and neurosurgeon buddies, but this past season our schedules didn't seem to mesh very often. Would love to hook up to do some shooting a little closer to home next season.
See ya at the Clave!
Flydoc

titleguy
04-01-2006, 08:14 AM
I started hunting down there for a week every year in '86. Haven't been since '01. My bud that i stay with down there basically lives there for the month of December- he's very hard-core- sailing barnegat, all cork dekes and old model 12s. Pretty terrific hunting there.:Eyecrazy:

rooster
04-03-2006, 09:56 AM
:Eyecrazy: JimS,
Hey Jim, thanks for keeping the attendance list.
I just got scheduled to a training course that bugger me up on the SpringClave, so I will have to list myself as "tentative", but add Walt Crews and Tommy Musgrove to the list of definite attendees. I also think that Richie Fughman (from FL) will be there, with Walt and Tommy.
On another note, we fished for small mouth this weekend. Lots of rain and dirty water, but Walt and I did ok.
See you in May.
Cheers,
DK

jimS
04-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Rooster, tentative for the clave? No worries. However, you might have Walt bring a case of your wine!

See if you can get Walt, Tommy & Richie to signup on the forum. If I don't see you at the clave, we will get together over Memorial Day.

FishHawk
04-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Rooster, hope you can make it, if not will tip a few with Walt and the gang.
FishHawk:lildevl:

Chris Puma
04-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Is it too late to get in on this?

luckyt
04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I will be at the clave for sure with Walt...Any ideas on what we can bring? Hopefully Walt will bring or send some of his and Dennis's wine from California. We will represent the golden state with is very wet right now and not too golden.

Tom Musgrove

rooster
04-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Jimbo,
The vino will make it, I will be there by the end of week. Probably the Thursday or Friday before Memorial Day for sure.
Tommy and Walt will represent us well.
Cheers,
DK
PS. send me a PM about the FL trip.

jimS
04-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Well, well, there are 30-plus signed up for the spring clave. Awesome! As the time draws near, we'll outline some social/fishing options for the group. Now is a good time to start tying and do an equipment inventory. Six weeks and counting.

Chris Puma, you are on the list. Welcome.

juro
04-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Is it too late to get in on this?

Not at all, consider yourself in! Just watch the threads and see you at Chatham on Friday or Sat.

Slinger
04-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Played hell getting through to Matt but finally managed to get an answer, confirmed for the 19th and 20th. Will be on the water at first light on Fri and then a small afternoon nap and then parteee!!! Work Thur night, spend the rest of the night driving to Chatham, on the water for pre dawn and fish for 8-10 hrs. , yes a afternoon nap sounds good. Tide at Stage Harbor is high at dawn, dropping all morning, I can practically see the Clouser dropping off the flats into the deeper water on the west side.
Slinger

juro
04-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Glad to hear you area confirmed Slinger!

striblue
04-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Is there another page missing from this thread? Just wondering?.... Forget it... I am screwing up this one with Big Brother thread....

striperstripper
04-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Who's going to be around early on the 19th? I was wondering if anyone was interested in driving south Nauset beach.Send me a pm so we don't interfear with the clave thread .

desmobob
04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm planning to arrive on the 20th and will probably be staying at the Kelly place in W. Dennis with Walt and the gang if I make the trip solo. If my buddy Jay is able to make the trip, we'll hope to find room at the Huntsman (or at the Chatham Highlander, our usual spot, if necessary).

See you all soon,
Bob Scott

Slinger
04-14-2006, 01:09 AM
One month and a few days to go. I think we should start making some plans. The fishing will work itself out but socializing and menu need work.Because I`m leaving on Thur. night I doubt I can bring anything that will last till Sat but am open to suggestions.
Slinger

juro
04-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Good point slinger...

Sat PM, festivities start at dark so people can fish till dusk and still eat.

Appetizers - everyone bring a little something. Adrian brought cheese and some of it was real stinky. Fred and I always seem to hit the smoked bluefish and salmon tray at Chatham seafoods and whichever guy gets there first usually cleans it out pretty much. I will defer and go for my standby littlenecks with fresh dill and chopped garlin butter (olive oil). Dave Kopij had seared tuna one year, Griz always delivers on the pogie oil, etc, etc.

Expect the appetizers to be a donation to the dinner, but there will be a one-fly charge. Everybody puts a fly in the fly box at the table. We vote best appetizer and that person gets the fly box.

Dinner will run the usual $15 or so per head. I have the same marinade (Stubbs) and steak kabobs planned. Also fresh salads and pilaf.

Dessert - maybe we should do a peach cobbler Hawkeye, the official forum Boneclave dessert. BTW we made it twice in Acklins :) Or just to make it easier some pies or other local treat.

Alternatively we can just hit the Squire's pit. How about a vote (see poll thread)...

Dave17
04-15-2006, 12:44 AM
I voted Squire in the poll but regardless of what we do on Sat I still plan on bringing an app for people as we roll in on Friday night

Adrian
04-15-2006, 06:44 AM
I'll do the smelly cheese thing again. :biggrin:

striblue
04-15-2006, 08:45 AM
I will vote Squire...but we will need to reserve the "back Room"... at least some days in advance....It will not work for us there unless we can secure the back room...

juro
04-15-2006, 09:10 AM
I spoke with Squires this AM, Richard the mgr will be calling to confirm capacity and reservation ability.

Depending on whether we can reserve the 'pit' and based on vote results we will/will not grab it for Sat PM. So make sure you vote if you are on the attendance list!

juro
04-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Squires is not able to accomodate us as a group, however we can swarm the place in the usual manner and enjoy ourselves for dinner or just after. The choices still stand.

fliboy
04-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I've been busy and haven't caught up on forum postings - and have not had time to read through this thread.

Are there still openings for the Spring Clave, and if so, who do we contact to lock down a room at the Stonehorse? Love to make this one - last year was tough - too many commitments. Like to hit them all this year.

THanks

Dave

PopnesetBay
04-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Does Stone Horse have refrig that could be used to keep stuff til Sat nite. Any preferences for wine? Up-State NY has some VERY good wineries and will be happy to bring a mixed case or two. Let me know your choices. Either here or PM me at petereadel@verizon.net

Pete Readel

fliboy
04-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Any one looking to split the cost of a room at the Stonehorse? I have not made reservations yet, but will try to call in the next day or so, if I don't see any one respond.

Dave

sean
04-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Dave I could be up for sharing a room. Will not know until the end of this week though as I may end up being out of country for this clave. I hope that is not the case...

-sean

fliboy
04-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Sean - let me know. Do you already have one booked? If not, I'll try calling tomorrow - and lock one in - assuming there are still any left. Then if you don't end up going out of the country, just let me know.

Dave

sean
04-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Sounds good. I have not called yet. Go ahead and I will let you know ASAP.

-sean

striblue
04-16-2006, 09:28 PM
If anyone gets into a bind just stay at CAC,,,, I know Fishhawk, Griz and I think Jimmy.. will probably stay at CAC,,,, AND,,, Griz has all that expensive scotch!.... or should I say... whiskey

Dave17
04-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Quick update:

Great numbers this year! I have 31 and 2 maybes.

Let me know if I've missed anybody:

Juro
Hawkeye
jfbasser
flydoc
Adrian
Quentin
FishHawk
Striblue
Bonefishmon
Chris
Jimmy
Kennecbecfly
Seuss
Porkslice
Dave17
JimS
Sephon
Fred A
StriperStripper
Walt Crews
Tommy Musgrove
Richie Fughman
FrankF
Pete Readel (Popneset Bay)
Slinger
CSJ60
Doc Duprey
Titleguy
Chris Puma
Bob Scott
Fliboy

Maybe:
Rooster
Sean R

tomd
04-19-2006, 07:44 PM
I haven't been online that much lately, so I just read about this one. I'm hopeful, but I'm with my family in D.C. right now , so till we get home and can check the calender I'm a maybe:hihi: Tom D

jimS
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Have been out-of-touch with the forum for about a month, and want to add another participant in the clave, my son, Brad. He graduates next week (finally after 5 years) and is looking forward to fishing with his brother, Chris (Sephon) and dad.

I'll be on the Cape sometime Friday morning (19 May) and if anyone needs some info on places to fish, tides, etc., give me a call 814.671.1768. The Squire appears to be a good option for Friday night.

Dave, thanks for compiling the list of participants. It will be great to see both old and new faces at the clave.

flydoc
05-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Great to hear we will have the full Simms compliment at the Clave- wouldn't feel the same without it! My repaired Atlantis has already drawn first blood of the season, and will be itching to chase the big ones with you guys...
Flydoc

Chris
05-04-2006, 07:31 AM
I have a bunch of surf clams I raked this winter in the freezer if I can get my hands on a small deep fryer for the trip I'll make clam fritters for the feed.

Sephon
05-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Flydoc,

I hope the blood wasn't yours...

flydoc
05-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Chris- no bleeding on my part, but I did get a fair case of "striper thumb":D Hopefully it will become a chronic condition, with no cure in the foreseeable future...
Flydoc

Kimosabe
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
At the spur of the moment me and a friend wants to come to the Clave :chuckle: , leaving Maine late Friday evening, wnated to get a room for Saturday at the StoneHorse...Matt must be out fishing???:chuckle: :chuckle:

jimS
05-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Keep calling him, or send him an email. He flits around the motel alot. Best time to get him is early, about eightish. If that fails, there are loads of places to stay heading either way on Rt. 28. Heading west toward Dennis, the rates seem tend to be less.

Look forward to meeting you and your friend.

titleguy
05-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Jim- you don't know what you're saying. :devil: See you at the Squire Kimo with Al in tow.:cool:

Kimosabe
05-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi JimS, thanks for welcome, TG Slandering me again!:devil: :) :)

titleguy
05-05-2006, 02:05 PM
QUOTE=Kimosabe]Hi JimS, thanks for welcome, TG Slandering me again!:devil: [/QUOTE]

Techincally, Libel not slander. Slander is spoken; libel is in writing, but both must be "published" in order to be actionable. A defense to the claim is whether or not my belief in the veracity of my comments is reasonable or not.:hihi:

Kimosabe
05-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Just got off the phone with nice lady at StoneHorse...sold out:frown:
Looks there are weddings going on

Anybody needs roomies.....It will not be fun staying at the Hilton when the
in-crowd is at the SH :)

We can sleep on the couch/floor:)

juro
05-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Several folks have offered to put sold out clavers up but you will have to read the posts and make plans with them. Some are influenced by fine scotch. :)

Kimosabe
05-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Looks like this last minute/implusive thing is not gonna work...will have to plan better next year:frown:

Have a great clave and spook some up north...the rats are already in the river up here:)

Thanks for the welcome !!!:)

kennebecfly
05-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Kimo I might be headed back in June during my second week of vaca. You are welcome to strike out with me. :smokin:

Dave17
05-06-2006, 03:25 PM
I played phone tag with Matt for a month, guess I didn't get it done. Anybody need a roomie at the SH? For those with spare beds I'll definitely have scotch in toe:smokin: .....

jimS
05-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey Dave, I'm at the Stone Horse, but I've got my wife, Chris and Brad. I'll check with Matt tomorrow to see what kind of place I've got. I'm in Cottage 8, and think I've got two bedrooms. If push comes to shove, a sleeping bag on the floor is an option. I won't leave you hanging.

Dave17
05-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Appreciate it Jim, thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting the Mrs.

striblue
05-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Dave, You can stay at CAC...but will have to sleep on the floor since I have Fishhawk, Jimmy, Girizz(with scotch), Adrian, a guy from Falmouth... and since I have not checked back in my PM's maybe one or two more.... no beds now available, but if you want to spend the evenings at CAC let me know.... I will be down that Friday nioght and stay Saturday night and I will head out on Sunday morning....

Dave17
05-07-2006, 09:46 PM
John,

Thanks so much. I'll take you up on it. The floor works for me. See you in a couple of weeks.

Dave

striblue
05-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Bonefishmon (Phil) is one of the other guys... actually Dave...you might be able to take the folding couch or the lounge chair on the porch...so no floor for you ...John.... PS...Juro, don't forget to bring that two hander I bought from JimW down.... also... I will post directions to CAC by PM this week.... to those who have PM"d me...by reply..... so those that know they are staying from our PM's...I will send by Pm.., Adrian and Jimmy know, and I think Fishhawk knows ,but let me know by PM if you need directions...

CRegalis
05-08-2006, 10:22 PM
:) I'm in Mashpee for the week, (13-20) leaving early SAT AM for the drive back to PA. Sorry I won't have the chance to meet some of the guys.

If anyone will be round earlier in the week, let me know!

Ron S.

shadfreak
05-10-2006, 04:43 PM
I finally got the ok. Watch out stripers I'm on my way. oh ya it will be great to see all of you again also.
Larry

luckyt
05-11-2006, 08:16 PM
It is great to hear that the fish are in...Walt and I leave Monday the 15 th from the golden state for 3 and 4 weeks of nothing but fishing...I am bringing an ap to the clave to try for the flies..what a great idea. Anyway, what time is the clave starting? We will be staying at Rooster's place again this year, looking forward to seeing the people I met last year for the first time. Tom

bonefishmon
05-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Bonefishmon (Phil) is one of the other guys... actually Dave...you might be able to take the folding couch or the lounge chair on the porch...so no floor for you ...John.... PS...Juro, don't forget to bring that two hander I bought from JimW down.... also... I will post directions to CAC by PM this week.... to those who have PM"d me...by reply..... so those that know they are staying from our PM's...I will send by Pm.., Adrian and Jimmy know, and I think Fishhawk knows ,but let me know by PM if you need directions...

Hi John. I visited CAC with Shadfreak (Larry) last year. I remember taking a right
near a hotel (Seafarer?) and then another right. I'm pretty sure I can find it but please pm me the address for a mapquest. Thanks. Really looking forward to visiting you and CAC again. See you next week.

Phil Sheffield

striblue
05-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Phil...I will tommorrow...no worries....