Eleuthera late June [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Eleuthera late June

Jim Miller
01-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi all
I'm taking the family to Eleuthera in late June. Although we will do the "family things", I hope to fit in a fair amount of fishing.

For all you Island savy guys: Anyone have any information on the Winding Bay/South Eleuthera area? Good places to investigate?

This will be my first time fishing in the Islands..... so feel free to throw general "bonefishing" tips in the mix too. Man.....there's allot for me to learn!

PM or e-mail me if you don't want to post particulars on the forum. I have searched the archives, but most reports seem to be from last year.

BTW: I've gottten some great info already from some board members..... Thanks Bob & JC! :)

Oh Yes.....any info on local guides? We will probably hire a guide for a day. I'll be FF and my son (14)probably will be using the spinning rod.

Adrian
01-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi Jim

I've n ot made Eluthera, yet... But you can find an article by Kevin O'Connor from a couple of years back.

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/destinations/index.htm

juro
01-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah that's a great read from Kevin!

Also, contact renewing sponsor tightlinesflyfishing.com (tell Drew we sent you) for some great information on Eleuthera.

Enjoy the 'freedom'.

Smcdermott
01-09-2006, 08:22 AM
As for general bonefishing knowledge if you haven't done so I would pick up both books from Dick Brown. Excellent reads. Kaufman's book is also outstanding but pricey due to the sheer mass of quality pics included. Nice to have for the coffee table though.

Sean

BigDave
01-09-2006, 08:37 AM
The Vletas book may have some good suggestions for DIY locations...

Jim Miller
01-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys!

Bob Bergquist
01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Jim,

It seems your e mail is disabled, if you e mail me I came give you some specific spots that get no pressure. Might save you a bunch of time when you get there.

Bob

Jim Miller
01-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Bob B
Email & PM should work now..... sent you a e-mail, just in case,
Thanks for the reply :)