Hello To All ! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hello To All !

striblue
01-08-2006, 03:12 PM
I have been out of touch for a while for personal reasons...but wanted to let you know that I still check the board but am devotong my time to taking care of my daughter and trying to keep my College kids on the line... I am now at about the 1920's in my book at about 170 pages and need to get the first working draft to the publisher by the end of February....The entire book will be co-authored with Joe Branham who is working on the fly description pages....... Special thanks to Bob Pop for his e-mails and his flies and to Steve F as well. Once part one is done which is the history oif saltwater flies from Anciant Egypt to the 1970's, Part 2 will be the 50 or so classics and then part three will be the new Directions... so much to do. I have not tied since July but hope to get back into it once my draft is done, which includes transcribing interviews with people like Steve Huff, Steve Raymond, Bill Catherwood, Ken Abrames, Stu Apte, Bill Curtis, Al Brewster, etc. . These will come at the end of the History before the part 2... looking forward to getting back to the Vise... God Bless all of you and keep your families close...John

FishHawk
01-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Glad to see your back . FishHawk

Paxton
01-08-2006, 06:15 PM
:) !!!!! Great to see your name on a "thread" John.
"Ancient Egypt flies"???? That is something I will want to read! They probably didn't use DNA :) I like the outline you shared for the book, sounds very interesting. Best to you and your family. Hope to see you at Wilmington.
Ron

Adrian
01-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Good to hear from you John!

Glad to hear the "Magnum Opus" is coming together and looking forward to catching up in Marlborough :smokin:

Dble Haul
01-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Thanks for popping in, John. It's good to hear from you.

saltydog
01-09-2006, 12:30 PM
JOHN, nice to see your moving along, see you at one of the shows!
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:smokin:

JimW
01-09-2006, 08:36 PM
John, I didn't realize there was going to be a series of books. What you have planned sounds very interesting, I look forward to checking them out.