MARLBORO DINNER PLANS [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: MARLBORO DINNER PLANS

juro
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
John Morin and I invite you to join us for a dinner gathering after the show. I have arrangements for Saturday dinner at Longhorns, 30 minutes after the show closes - 6:00 pm.

Please RSVP by replying to this thread, thank you.

Adrian
01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
I will be there :D

QuebecSporting
01-08-2006, 02:27 PM
I will join you !!
:)
Ann

flydoc
01-08-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm in... :D
Flydoc

juro
01-08-2006, 05:15 PM
BTW Longhorns is in the shopping plaza right next door to the exhibit hall out on the main drag (route 20). 30 minutes should be more than enough time even if you have booth duties.

Adrian
01-09-2006, 08:01 AM
:frown: Going to have to pass, I forgot my wife had invited a number of friends for dinner that evening.

I will raise a glass (or two) in any case!

Charlie
01-09-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm in!

Charlie

striblue
01-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Adrian...I will miss you...but don't forget to take the guests out in the back yard and show them how to get the feel for casting a fly rod at night...:wink:

flydoc
01-09-2006, 06:54 PM
John- if the smiley face at the end of your last post was intended to show the effects of a novice flycasting at night w/o the benefit of safety glasses, you may want to add an eyepatch...:redface: DARN! Blinded the other one...
Flydoc

striblue
01-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Doc... You are right... old squash glasses will do.... but you need them...but I expect any "social" casting will not have any flies attached...maybe a tuft of ribbon will do...looking forward to seeing you at the shows and some time talking about Military History...John

flydoc
01-10-2006, 07:03 PM
John- Back at ya buddy...too long since that night we spent chewing the fat and sipping the Maker's Mark (bottle's still about 2/3 full). Looking forward to catching up on the 21st at Marlboro:biggrin:
Flydoc

GregD
01-10-2006, 11:09 PM
I 'm planning to join you guys for dinner, although I probably won't make the Fly show saturday due to the pinewood derby races I'll be attending the same day.

I guess it depends on how fast the cars turn out as to how long I'll be there.
Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

Greg.

tomd
01-17-2006, 07:07 AM
I'll be there(barring any more stomach bugs running through the Dunlap household:eek: ) Tom D

bonefishmon
01-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm hoping to make it. Juro. Can you burn a few Acklins DVD's for us?

Phil

QuebecSporting
01-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Just arrived in Marlboro........

Rain from Quebec City to Marlboro......... !!! :rolleyes:

it's a long drive..but a great pkace.

See you all Saturday...

Ann

( Man, I hate crossing the border and being questioned....... :tsk_tsk: )
Phew!!
He let me go!!! :lildevl:

Ann

juro
01-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Ann!

Welcome to MA... I thought I felt the salmon IQ average of our state jump suddenly today :D

Phil -

I wish I had the 20-30+ hours of editing time to invest in the next few days... my new plan after this grueling start-up job I've been working for the past 18 months is to add to it on this years trip and put together a *really* worthwhile DVD with the combined footage for 2006 fund-raising.

flydoc
01-18-2006, 07:16 PM
( Man, I hate crossing the border and being questioned....... :tsk_tsk: )
Phew!!
He let me go!!! :lildevl:

Ann[/QUOTE]

Ann- must have been those suspicious-looking rod tubes on the back seat:D
Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday...
Flydoc

shadfreak
01-19-2006, 07:06 AM
I'll be there for dinner.
See you Sat
Larry

Charlie
01-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Ann,

Glad you made it! Brian and I should get in at about 10 tonight.

And as for the rest of you, I will be bringing a nice 15 year old single malt. Stop at Ann's booth for a dram. :hihi:

Charlie.

FishHawk
01-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Just like the football teams I'm questionable for the Marlboro dinner. FishHawk

flydoc
01-22-2006, 03:26 AM
FANTASTIC day at the Marlboro show yesterday....awesome slide show presentations from Al Caolo, Ed Mitchell, and Dick Russell. Got to watch Ed tie up some flies with this new "experimental" acrylic substitute for exoxy- only problem is it takes a special $75 flashlight to activate/harden the stuff-not on shelves yet but stay tuned. Ed was a real prince of a guy and admitted they're still working out the kinks with this stuff. Had a blast watching the demonstration casters (including Lou Tabory on shooting heads) and folks just trying their casting out on some new equipment from the exhibitors. FishHawk, Jfbasser and myself tried out a very sweet 9wt rod from Thomas and Thomas- took all my willpower not to spend more of my money that is earmarked for Uncle Sam and Mitt's coffers. Did pick up a new vise, a nice shirt, and Al's book on sight fishing for stripers. Topped off the day with a great meal and conversation at Longhorn's with Fishhawk, JfBasser, Juro, Shadfreak, GregD, Charlie, Ann (QuebecSporting), Brian (Ann's associate), and tomd. Only one missing was StriBlue....:(
John- hope you're OK buddy-?see ya at the Bear's Den show on Feb 15? The Marlboro show has me itching for some tying. I've a bunch of material on order, including the stuff to attempt some of Adrian's EZ Body crabs in prep for my Florida trip in March...can't wait!
Flydoc

P.S.- JF- I owe you a couple rounds at the Squire....see ya at the Spring Clave (if not sooner at one of the shows)!

juro
01-22-2006, 07:27 AM
I had an awesome time at that show as well! Dinner was superb great seeing everyone...

(see report and images)

FishHawk
01-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Had a great time at the show testing out future rod purchases. Looks like the T&T Horizon II 9wt is the winner. Saw a great show on Bonefishing.
Had lunch with Slinger and met some of our brother anglers from Reel-Time.
JBasser and I had a good time at the Bear's Den booth watching Joe C. tie up the secret sandeel fly.
Then came the dinner and I got to meet with Charlie and Anne . There were stories about black bear, Moose and Salmon. Flydoc told of his coyote incident.
Missing in action was the Iron Man. All in all a great time. FishHawk

jfbasser
01-22-2006, 09:50 AM
The trip to Malboro was well worth it this year. In addition to the dinner crowd, I bumped into Sean M and his wife, Slinger, and some of our members from Maine. I purchased a new line for my 6 wt, and watched some tying by Ray Stachelek, Joe Cordeiro, Skok, and UV Ed Mitchell. I heard a rumor that next year the show will be featuring a UV light show on the back wall of tiers row at closing timed to a little Blues guitar by Juro:Eyecrazy: I took some time out at lunch to speak to a fly tier/kitchen architect friend of mine to keep the wife happy:D

While participating in the T&T rod evaluation with Flydoc and Fishhawk I managed to execute a 3 foot drop on concrete test for Fishhawk's favorite 9 wt and it survived the fall:redface:

I also tried a TFO Jim Teeny series rod that was quite impressive.

Great time..see you all at the next show.

kennebecfly
01-22-2006, 05:23 PM
I also had a good time at the show,always good to the products and Forum members kind of a right of spring now for me(alot more winter to go up here). I guess I missed ya fishhawk heard you had your eye on a new rod!

FishHawk
01-23-2006, 04:14 AM
Drew, sorry we didn't connect. See you at the Spring Clave. Tie up some of those secret flies. :lildevl: FishHawk

kennebecfly
01-23-2006, 04:13 PM
You got it!