Labrador Brook Trout Fishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Labrador Brook Trout Fishing

Michigander
01-04-2006, 09:15 PM
I will be going to Labrador this summer for Brook Trout. I was wondering if anyone had been there before and had any suggestions of "must take" items.

juro
01-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Believe it or not... MOUSE patterns! Seriously, take my word for it. I haven't had the pleasure in person but know quite a few folks who go up there for the brookies and when I worked in a fly shop that was the right medicine.

Also, go the the Chronicles Section (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/articles/aurora2/index.htm) on this site and look up the material on canadian brookies for some incredible photos and a taste of what you can expect.

Charlie
01-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Donít forget bug dope or you will be eaten alive! :Eyecrazy:

Charlie.

OC
01-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Don't forget a light pair of gloves. Not because its cold but them Moose Flys will rip your hand off if it not covered. If your one of those folks that have problems with bugs that bite then get a bug net to cover your head. Hard to fish with but just wear it around the house for a week or so before you go and you will get used to it. Wait to you see the flying creatures up that way, they come in all sizes. The ones that are most deadly are the ones you can't see and I don't know a bug juice that can discourage then except the extreme measure of spraying RAID all over your body. You may break out with a rash from the RAID or die from cancer at a latter date but you will not be eaten down to the bone by bugs you can't see. But on a good note you will have a ball and you will be catching one of the most beautiful fish that swims anywhere in the world.