Olympia, Tacoma, Or Seattle ? I want to buy the long sticks of it not just a

package of mixed sizes at Radio Shack.

Olympia is closest to me.

Thanks

Skilly

eskilly@msn.com

gunner
12-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Call around at major electronics stores, such as Fry's (don't know if they are in your area but they are in Calif so may be) or try calling a company that supplies electrical contractors. Did you try Radio Shack on line catalogue; seems they have sold it in rolls in the past.
Joe

Skilly
12-31-2005, 02:54 PM
thanks

No electronics stores in the Olympia phone book. If I knew the correct diam. I could order it on line.

Skilly

juro
12-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Skilly -

If I could make a suggestion, for those brawny cowlitz steelhead you'd be much better off using a nail knot and a dab of glue over the knot to seal it. The shrink wrap is slick but not strong enough IMHO, and the edge can catch in the guides reeling in and that will release the braid (and your fish).

Bob Reynolds
01-02-2006, 04:56 PM
McMaster-Carr. Will ship out same day.

flytyer
01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Skilly,

Try the satellite TV retailers, many of them carry shrink tubing in the 3' lengths. Also, auto parts stores often have it (the stuff they sell is nice and flexible as well as strong); but you usually have to ask. The auto parts stores carry it because it is used when splicing wires. RV sellers often have it as well for the same reason, it is used when splicing trailer wiring harnesses. Hobby shops that sell radio controlled airplanes and such many times have it too.