Go Pats ????? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Go Pats ?????

jfbasser
12-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Apparently some of the major fly gear manufacturers have been following the success of the New England Patriots and have reduced their presence at the Marlboro show because of the potential conflict with the AFC Championship game.
So the spin is, if the Pats have a bad year this year then we can expect an upturn in attendance in subsequent years :Eyecrazy:

OK, flyfishers....send your cards and letters to the NFL so we can get this conflict resolved :biggrin:

FishHawk
12-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Or maybe Kathy and Barry's agent is asking too much for the Boston show appearence. :lildevl: They rather stick to NJ show and the bigger crowd .
FishHawk

juro
12-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Could be a number of things...

Somerset is a week apart and that's the biggest show on the planet. Where I think Marlboro used to ride on it's coattails bad weather that has plagued this show and I assume it's relative low attendance (also related to weather and football) compared to some shows could also be a consideration for the road warrior. The facility isn't all that accomodating either with the parking and shuttles etc.

As a not-for-profit we in the FORUM simply can not afford to attend due to their rising fees and unwillingness to cooperate with clubs and non-commercial ventures. Other shows are much more accomodating and frankly, less commercialized.

In any case I hate to see any flyfishing event diminished!

bonefishmon
12-24-2005, 12:55 PM
John. Your PM is full.

Phil

jfbasser
12-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks Phil! Asleep at the switch :hihi:

Wondering, should we introduce tailgating at those remote parking areas at the show? :D :D

Quentin
12-25-2005, 07:39 AM
. . . Wondering, should we introduce tailgating at those remote parking areas at the show? :D :D

That, combined with a few large screen HD TVs, would probably help boost attendance during playoffs.

Q

QuebecSporting
12-26-2005, 11:22 PM
K ..guys, my thoughts! :confused:

I did attend the MA & NJ shows in 2005.

I booked both shows for Jan 2006

The MA show is smaller than Somerset ...
It is a different crowd and I must say.great people, anglers from different States ( MA, Maine, Vermont, NH etc..... and must admit, I do also go to these shows to meet friends, chat fishing, and eat great food. :) ( and good red wine :Eyecrazy: )

We will be there (Snow....... No snow) ....

leaving on the 16th, I should be there on time!! :rolleyes:

Ann :)