Simms Waders Question [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Simms Waders Question

BrookFishingMan
12-23-2005, 07:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried Simms RiverTek Waders and what they thought of them?

Kory

Salar 33
12-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Dear Kory,

I can not comment first hand on the River Tek series. What I can tell you is I have returned a pair of light weight breathables with a leek in the seam directly to Simms. The waders were used a fair amount and I was only expecting a repair at best. Simms replaced the waders with a brand new pair.

I was impressed with the company policy and service. I now own two pair of Simms and my next pair purchased will be Simms.

C.R.O.

zugbugz
12-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Kory, I just bought a pair of RiverTeks...awesome fit, and appear to be super high quality, with one minor exception - I'm not too crazy about the way the suspenders connect to the waders, seems flimsy, but the guys at the fly shop I purchased them at said there have been no issues so far. I haven't had them in water yet, but hope to within the next two weeks...I'll report back and let you know!

PS, I tried on both the G3's and these and preferred the fit of these (and they are $145 cheaper!).

Will get back to you soon...Don

Zugbugz - Arizona

BrookFishingMan
12-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey that would be great I would really appreciate to know what you think of them... Good luck Fishing

Kory

loomisid
12-30-2005, 09:16 PM
I have owned simms river tek waders for 8 months and i love them. I wear them just as pants when the waters aren't so deep and is very comfortable (makes for easy quick piss breaks). The straps do look cheezy but have worked just fine when needed. The waist belt double's as a wading belt when worn as chest waders.

zugbugz
01-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Kory, I finally got a chance to check out the RiverTeks - my feet did get a little cold (but not wet), even with thin wicking socks covered with thick cold weather socks, but in all fairness, I started the day in a lake with water temp at 38 degrees and air temp around 32. No luck there, so I moved on to a river (in Arizona if its not the Colorado, its actually a stream) and fished it all day long. Still not crazy about the straps, but had no problems with them. At the end of the day, I was still dry, and to me, that's what its all about! I really like the built-in belt and the drawstring top. The GoreTex material is very, very comfortable to move in and not stiff at all. I'm very happy with the River Teks and recommend them wholeheartedly...Don

Zugbugz - Arizona

Griff
02-17-2006, 02:44 PM
I bought a pair of RiverTek waders last September. Fit is good, no leaks, no real problems. My only issue with them is the built-in neoprene gravel guards. They are so tight that getting the waders off is a hassle. I've threatened to cut the built-in guards off and just use the wrap-ons. As for the suspenders, mine are still in the box. The waders have a drawcord at the top when used as chest waders, and the cord holds them up very well for me.