WILMINGTON - March 10-12 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: WILMINGTON - March 10-12

juro
12-18-2005, 10:17 AM
We're on for the Shriner's Auditorium Fly show again! Additional information will be available as the time approaches.

We will be posting the agenda and looking for volunteers as usual. Let's try a few new things this year. If you are interesting in joining the idea team, please let me know.

Special thanks to Mr.Paul Fuller, who runs this great early spring season kick-off fly show - please shake his hand and say hello when you see him at the show!

Paxton
12-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Juro....I'll be happy to help out at the booth again in any capacity needed. Last yr I sold raffle tickets....wasn't doing too badly until a certain female fly fisherman who accompanied me started selling them....I decided to just watch...I haven't felt that inept in a long time.....cannot promise her return....but will ask her :-)
Ron

Adrian
12-18-2005, 09:02 PM
If I'm in the country I'll be there!

striblue
12-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Juro... I am a volunteer again..... and would like to tie... have not really done any tieing since June....Let me know and I will help with set up and take down...John

juro
12-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks!

Set up and take down is dramatically "simplified" recently. No log cabin anymore :hihi:

However we will be doing the tying stations for sure and it will be great to have you at the helm.

Paxton
12-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Juro....I spoke with Amy, she would be willing to sell raffle tickets again...on Saturday.
Ron

Penguin
12-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Juro....I spoke with Amy, she would be willing to sell raffle tickets again...on Saturday.
Ron
After reviewing my "busy schedule" and cancelling all my "consultations"...
Saturday is a good day to venture from the PharSide to the DarkSide of the canal! :wink:

juro
12-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Great thanks guys! Looking forward to it for sure. It marks the arrival of spring as well...

jfbasser
03-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I just got my pass for Saturday:smokin: Is the booth still a go?

Adrian
03-05-2006, 05:17 PM
We are on the roster so I guess they're expecting us:)

I'm planning on doing Saturday & Sunday.

Will bring flies for raffles and tying stuff.

QuebecSporting
03-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Any links to this show...
to see exhibitors ( rates etc..)

Ann

jfbasser
03-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Here you go

http://www.sportshows.com/Wilmington/wilmmain.htm

QuebecSporting
03-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Wow!! What service!!

Thanks!!

Ann:)

Paxton
03-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Juro....I have some computer problems, so I can't read the "roster". Seems that my new anti-virus software has blown off my ability to download pictures and attachments on the net. Red X's all over the place :-( So if you want me to do something re Wilmington, please email me.
Ron

billg
03-12-2006, 12:34 AM
We didn't attend the Wilmington show and I am curious as to how Friday and Saturday went as far as attendees?

Bill Greiner

juro
03-12-2006, 07:40 AM
just leaving for another day of fun but to answer the morning and mid-day was rockin' and it quieted down by afternoon

I think some folks did quite well as there is a lot of actual buying going on

the flyfishing forum booth was well attended and most importantly - we HAD A BLAST

I guess it's what you make of it. Paul Fuller and staff are first class and I want to take a moment to acknowledge our appreciation THE premier show organization in town who is not focused purely on money. They put together a show where the spirit of flyfishing and the sportsman's personality is more important than the almighty buck.

Thank you World Flyfishing Expo!!!!

billg
03-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Juro:

Thanks for the info. I have heard good things about the show and we will probably attend next year. The one thing that I feel fly shows need to do is put programs on for kids (tying, casting, entomology, etc) and also tie the importance of protecting the environment into the long term stability of fishing in general.

The only show I know of that does this is the one in Minneapolis in early April.

Best of luck to everyone with the rest of the show.

Bill

juro
03-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Bill,

We have held tying sessions for kids past years at our booth in Marlboro and Wilmington. There is something special about giving the first self-tied fly experience to kids indeed.

We've moved a bit away from that because it introduced a much more complicated venue in terms of scheduling people to sit down with multiple vices at tying stations ready to accept kids, and having tying instructors available.

We then tried scheduling but that made it even more difficult. Maybe we'll try it again next year.

striblue
03-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Juro, we ought to merger the thread on the Striper board into this one...I am not sure how to do it...your call.