Merry Christmas (from Blighty) [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Merry Christmas (from Blighty)

Stevo
12-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

May next year bring even more Stripers! :smokin:

jimS
12-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Stevo, thanks for the post. May you and your family also have a good holiday. Hope to see you on the flats this coming year. You Pommies, I don't care what other say, have got a good grasp on our fishery. I admit, you, Jamie, Silas and Matt, have a passion that most yanks don't possess. Fishing the light before dawn, then doing a death march, and fishing till dusk, has got our attention.

See ya soon. I'll see Silas and Matt this spring in Oz.

jamie
12-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Let me add my seasonal salutations to Stevo's. Going out for an end of year fish with him tomorrow to see if there are any lurkers hanging about in the cold. Little chance of fish, but the hipflask will be filled to the brim.

Hey Jim, season stuck at home for me next year with a little one on the way I promised the missus I would clip the wings for the year. Just trips in Blighty for me and no journey's to the promised land. So hope to see you all in '07. We are sending out a small delegation in June with strict orders to collect the rent. Don't let them spend it at the Squire this time.

Have a good time in Oz with the boys and don't take any crap from them, they like to serve it hot and deep. :Eyecrazy: Tell Matt to get me some seats for the Ashes fixture in Sydney in Jan '07 and he left his Christmas present in my car from that wild night out in London a few weeks ago with Stevo and Silas.

All the best to everyone who frequents the board and thank for extending the brotherhood to some lost limeys.

Adrian
12-16-2005, 10:13 PM
A Happy Christams to all in the old country and happy new year.

If anyone fancies wetting a line over the festive season, there are rumored to be lunker stripers to be had in Manhattans East River this time of year. :smokin:

Just imagine, keepers and screemin' reels for the lads and the gals get to shop 'till they drop - anyone up for it :lildevl:

flydoc
12-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Hmmm...the East River....just don't hook up on one of Tony Soprano's latest victims instead of a striper! BattaBingBattaBoom! :smokin:
Flydoc

juro
12-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks Steveo - a very merry Christmas and holiday season to you as well!

I hope Santa brings us a big gouge in the southway big enough to fit a barge through :)

Adrian
12-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Hmmm...the East River....just don't hook up on one of Tony Soprano's latest victims instead of a striper! BattaBingBattaBoom! :smokin:
Flydoc
... No chance - they're all in the New Joizey marshes :hihi:

Guernseybass
12-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Merry Christmas from me too,

special thanks to John Morin, Juro, Adrian, JimS( and his mates), Keith Ryder and Penguin - I hope to meet more of you next year when i too am transplanted by my good lady into the Plymouth / Duxbury area.

Mark.

flydoc
12-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Mark- we've got the fish- you can bring the chips and malt vinegar....hope to see you at the Spring Clave!
Flydoc