Would Yakbone be better? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Would Yakbone be better?

juro
09-18-2000, 05:07 PM
A repeat of Yakbone would be more reliable than the rip trip and the timing is good for it. Hate to sound wishywashy but what's the feeling that we should gather for tunoids one more time before getting in the striper fix?

juro
09-18-2000, 05:08 PM
By reliable I mean less dependent on weather, control our own destiny, etc. Different spot, lots of parking right on the water, many tunoid reports lately, etc.

i'm so outta here
09-18-2000, 08:08 PM
I think the weather is going to hose us on the rip trip anyway. The storm will at the very least churn up some waves. Rough seas off shore means a difficult drop off for Keith. Yakbobone III sounds like a good fall back plan.

I have a great grille I can bring for the shore meal. BTW, Juro, those bluefish fillets were magic! for lunch Tuesday at the Boneclave. I've rarely had bluefish that I like, but whatever you did, it really worked. Post it on the recipies board.

Al

grego
09-19-2000, 10:20 AM
I'd like to do the rip trip, beacuse I have not gotten out there EVER.

But, who could refuse tunoid chasing. If Bass River is chosen as the jumping off point, then there's a great deep water ramp near the mouth that's perfect for LOGO1!

This ALL could be MUTE if Gordon makes a close pass at us late in the week!

juro
09-19-2000, 10:43 AM
Gordon is expected to pass us tonight, what's left of him. I am optimistic that the weekend will be good... keep the fingers crossed.