Flyfishing Wishlist [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Flyfishing Wishlist

juro
12-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Allright all you good flyfishing boys and girls... what angling apparatus are you hoping for (or expecting) under the tree for Xmas this year?

I think I am going to ask for my usual "guilt-free pass" from the wife and family to go spend some time on a remote destination in pursuit of bonefish, steelhead or atlantic salmon. :D

OC
12-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Some comp time so I can fish before I come into work.

Quentin
12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I put in a special request for a Pentax Optio WPi digital camera (waterproof, 6Mp :cool: )

Q

Hawkeye
12-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Waders, a longer drier rain jacket and a new chest/back pack. That guilt free pass sounds nice though. I will have to remember that one!

FredA
12-08-2005, 06:35 AM
The guilt free pass would be nice but it ain't going to happen. Still owe my wife a 30th anniversery trip... I took mine to Acklins last year. A couple of gift certs to flyshops and maybe a fine single malt would be nice.

flytyer
12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Meiser getting his 18'er finished development.

Dble Haul
12-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I'd like more fishing time next year, please.....but probably not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

teflon_jones
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
A gift cert to the Bear's Den to restock my tying supplies and a wood frame net for freshwater fishing.

DEERHAAWK
12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
More Time, More Trips, More Trout!
(please?) :D

QuebecSporting
12-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi Santa!!

Moi!! I would like a bamboo rod !! :roll:

Your cookies and milk will be at the usual place....!!

Ann

Eric
12-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Geez, Ann,

You probably would get that cane fly stick if you left ol' Pere Noel a good dram of single malt.

Joyeaux Noel,

Eric

Eric
12-15-2005, 09:40 AM
For Christmas for myself:

Rivers with self-sustaining runs of bright fish running through long seasons

AND

A Spell Checker for the Forum

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza, And Best Solstice Wishes for the Pagans of us out there,

Eric

Smcdermott
12-15-2005, 10:35 AM
From the family I have asked for Sospenders and a Sea Shocks mat for the boat.

From myself to myself I am considering a bluewater outfit in the 12-14wt class. Particularly interested in seeing the new Hayden series reels and bluewater rods from TFO. If anyone has seen or used either I would be very interested in hearing about your experience.

Sean

juro
12-15-2005, 10:52 AM
I feel funny not putting gear on the list but frankly, since I worked for a rod company, designed my own rods (Atlantis), and picked up the ultimate Danielsson reels I always wanted about the only gear I want for now is a 7wt single hander, probably a T&T and that can wait until spring.

Although someday I would hope to get something that makes me want sospenders and a shock mat under the tree - but that will be after the kids get thru college :)

Charlie
12-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Peace in the middle east? ………..Na! :tsk_tsk:

End to world hunger?……………....Na! :tsk_tsk:

???????????????????????????????????

I want the same thing Eric wants……..

Lots and lots of wild fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Charlie.