Opening - Tranquility Hill Lodge Andros - May 31 - June 4 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Opening - Tranquility Hill Lodge Andros - May 31 - June 4

mdbones
12-02-2005, 02:17 PM
We have an open slot for our annual Bonefish trip to Andros in May/June of next year due to a scheduling conflict with one of the members of the group (see 1st child scheduled for delivery two weeks before trip). The trip currently has eleven anglers confirmed but we need 12 to make the numbers work. Based on the size of the group I was able to negotiate a reduced rate and pass the savings on to the group.

The trip is for four nights lodging and three days of guided fishing. That week features neap tides and early and late low tides which means that if it is you wish you can fish on your own before and after your day of guided fishing is complete. I have requested Dwain, Ivan, Ray, Barry, Deon, Ricardo all of whom have solid boat handling and/or Bonefishing skills.

The trip runs from Wed's May 31, through Sunday June 4, 2006. This price includes everything but airfare and tips for the guides / staff. The cost per person is $1145.60. I was able to get the reduced price by negotiating directly with the lodge and then passing on the traditional commision paid to the outfitter back to the rest of the group. This is not a commercial venture - just a group of guys who love to Bonefish. The group ranges in age from late thirties to mid sixties with just about every type of personality that you can imagine - a good group of guys all the way around.

5 of the group will be leaving from Tampa via private plane and the rest are departing from Ft. Lauderdale either via charter or commercial depending on the best price available. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me via email.

Regards,

Mike

josko
12-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Ity's good to hear lodges are finally negotiating away the booking agent fee. I assume youre getting somethign beter than the standard 'one free for each 5 booked' deal. More power to you, and I'd be very glad to know how you managed to chip away at the lodge's agent fee.

mdbones
12-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Josko -

Lodge rates like everything are negotiable. I am fortunate since I have been to the Bahamas now over thirty plus times and have a good grasp around which lodges "fit" our groups needs. I can tell you that other than NRP (when Ben & Judy) ran the place I have had no issues with lodges willing to negotiate when I supply 10 - 12 anglers. That seems to be the key. Of course if you cannot get 12 anglers negotiating becomes much more difficult.

I still strongly recommend the use of outfitters for first timers, the traveler that infrequently visit an area, do not have the time to research which location fits best, or just do not want to put up with the hassel (and belive me getting eleven anglers to pay on time is a Hassel). The reality is (at least with my group) that 80% of the trip centers around guides - that used to be the main reason that I used booking agents.

I do not mind doing it since I enjoy spending time with the "Boy's" - could not ever see doing it for anyone else.

Mike

Ity's good to hear lodges are finally negotiating away the booking agent fee. I assume youre getting somethign beter than the standard 'one free for each 5 booked' deal. More power to you, and I'd be very glad to know how you managed to chip away at the lodge's agent fee.

Dave17
12-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Mike I sent you a PM