Cook Islands; Roratonga, Aitutaki [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Cook Islands; Roratonga, Aitutaki

gammarus
11-21-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm looking for a guide and/or info for bones/trevally on Aitutaki. So far i've found one guy but I can't get ahold of him. Does anyone have any experience from this area?

OC
11-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Not sure many of us would know about the area or guides. But please let us know what you find. Are you headed down that way for the Cook Island summer months? Ootu bay is very shallow even at high tide but may be great sight fishing. The southwest and west side of the island look really good as there may even be some mangrove areas plus flats to fish. The lagoon on One foot Island is very inviting also. I'd be happy just going swimming right about now in all that warm shallow water. Have fun, I'm looking forward to being there also in the next couple of years.

gammarus
11-28-2005, 11:21 PM
I finally was contacted by a fellow named Butch Leone from Aitutaki. www.Aitutakibluelagoonflyfish.com. He guides for Bonefish and Trevally in the Aitutaki lagoon for $200NZ per day. Sounds like a deal whether the fisheng is good or not. We won't be going until October 2006 so I have plenty of time to gear up. I'll probably only get a couple of days fishing, but that's better than nothing. At these prices I may consider trying to organize a group trip for some adventurous guys (if the fishing is good) one year.