So?? A year has gone by.. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: So?? A year has gone by..

QuebecSporting
11-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Again I ask...

Are you fishing with your gals, now???

Please, don't tell me they are all still cooikng your shore lunches!!! :tsk_tsk:

http://www.QuebecSporting.com/Photos/ladies1.jpg

be nice..........I have no back-up here :confused: :mad:

A.. :smokin:

PEte A
11-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi Anne,
I've never posted in this atlantic salmon forum but thought this was a great time to start. My dear partner would never have anything to do with sitting on the bank, unless of course there is a pile of avian fauna around (she's and ornithologist). This picture was from our first day on this river. Within 10 minutes of starting she put the first fish of the trip on the bank... it was one of those priceless moments! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
http://www.questoutdoors.net/fish-gallery/albums/userpics/10187/normal_Pete%20and%20Mel_DS.jpg

Dornblaser
11-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Anne,

I can answer your question - yes! Lynn took up fly fishing and we have been from spring creeks to spey fishing for steelhead. Hopefully we will be up your way soon to catch our first Atlantic Salmon. :)

David

The picture is on Lynn on the Deschutes where she caught her first steelhead, on a spey rod no less.

http://www.uppermidwestflyfishing.com/Post/Deschutes-Lynn.jpg

teflon_jones
11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
When my wife and I were dating, she told me she liked to fish. Over time she found out that I LOVE to fish, and now she hates it. :( I just do it too much for her liking and it ruined it for her!

Green Ghost
12-13-2005, 03:01 PM
For the Record,

I realize that many others would prefer to escape their respective significant others and this is why they go fishing. I can tell you that I am not one of them.

My gal, (who was an absolute non-fisherperson in a previous life) has been salmon fishing with me since 1998-1999, and from what I have found, the benefits far out weigh the drawbacks:

I have been able to observe things Salmon Fishing that I may never have known about her during our daily non-fishing lives.

Most importantly, I have seen how this person deals with dissappointment, the many "so close" failures, the inward self-gazing that occurs after you realize that you have made a mistake, the occasional small amounts of danger and the limited amounts of elation. I have seen incredible progress in the area of patience and discipline and I have been able to observe an individual garner appreciation and respect for the quarry. I have been delighted to witness the satisfaction and often shear joy that can result from a single, well-executed cast (however frequent (or infrequent) they may be).

Face it guys, this is not about catching fish. It's about going fishing.

For those of you teaching your kids to fish (and I hope you are), I guess I have been on the outside looking in. I have been looking into my own past when I began Salmon Fishing some 25 years ago. I am certain that my father was teaching me and constantly learning through teaching me. What I have recently found is that I am doing the same. I am teaching a very difficult yet character building sport to teach. The best thing of all is that my student turns out to be my best freind.

Fair warning that this type of teaching and sharing committment will definitely test your own mental health, patience and will test your relationship, but in my opinion, the rewards are well worth the effort.

And one other thing: Every year I am assured that my chances of getting to fish reserved sectors on Gaspe Rivers are doubled with my gal's participation in the various winter and 48 hour drawings. :cool:

QuebecSporting
12-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Bonjour Green Ghost!! :)
Great to have you aboard.......

Happy Xmas....
( will I see you in MA or you are on the ski slopes again....in Jan.) :tsk_tsk:

A..