T-14 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: T-14

Youngpatawan
11-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I was fishing the Lower Niagara today and was using T-14. This stuff is awesome for getting down deep with weighted tube flies. My only question is.....What is the best way for attching it to the line. I had striped both ends acouple of inches and tied perfection loops in both ends, because I don't like using those braided loop conectors. Is this a good method or not? Any advise would really be appreciated. Thanks guys.

jfbasser
11-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Loop to loop with loops closed by whipping or double nail knots of mono.

Jamey McLeod
11-07-2005, 10:09 PM
I rarley use T-14, but for all connections and splices I use the loop to loop connection, or a single piece of the braided mono with the ends of the fly line stuck in like chinese finger cuffs if its permanent, coated with Aquaseal. I buy the big 100ft spools of the stuff and make my own. It comes in 30 lb and 50 lb. For tips (or T-14) to flyline I use 50, for mono to tip or fly line I use 30. Slip the loop on, add a couple of nail knots with 15lb Max Green, trim the excess loop material off, and coat them up. If I have them around, I use latex gloves and work the aquaseal into the mono braid really good. Never had one fail.

Youngpatawan
11-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I have only 20 feet left since I lost the lst one that I used so I'm gonna use both methods and find out which one I like. Thanks Again.