Terrorists Destory Jetties [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Terrorists Destory Jetties

Craig
09-28-2001, 04:37 PM
The jetties at Thomas Basin were destroyed today. These jetties were not any kind of a problem to the water shed what so ever and someone (MDC?) destroyed them. People use to comment on how nice they were and how much work it must of took to build them. They said it added a lot to how the Basin looked. These jetties should not have been destroyed and I hope whoever did it is happy (jurks)!

juro
09-28-2001, 04:43 PM
I wonder if in times of less suspicion a structure like that would be allowed to stand?

Sorry to hear about that.

troutdude
09-28-2001, 10:08 PM
I am sure the MDC destroyed the jetty, they have to do something to justify their jobs. What a job---driving around chasing fishermen and nature loving people off public property. If they had it their way, no one would be allowed on the property. If not for the strong fishing lobby, there would be no fishing on MDC property. I, for one, believe they should focus their attention on providing quality water for the Boston area, not on the sportsmen and homeowners of central Massachusetts. Lies to the strong voting numbers in Boston by the MDC and MWRA continue to take away the rights of landowners in the rural watershed area.

troutbum
09-29-2001, 06:21 AM
What jetties? If you guys put rocks in the water etc to get out there for fishing, then why complain that they got ripped out? Did you file construction permits, deqe assessments, dep environmental impact statements etc? :D
They manage the water basin, and there's no wading there as it's drinking water. Some of these rules make sense...sometimes.
Call me an idiot if i'm wrong here on intent...i've been called worse :D