Keys in November [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Keys in November

Dave17
11-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Hey all,

Just took a position with a new firm and have the good fortune of covering all of Florida in this role. There is definitely a trip to the keys in my near future :smokin: .

I have two questions:

1. How is the bonefishing in November?
2. Can anyone recommend a quality guide (fff sponsor preferred)

Any help is appreciated

Dave

petevicar
11-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Hi Dave
The Keys in November can be fantastic. It just depends on the weather. Hopefully the hurricane season is over and the weather is a little more stable.
Cold fronts can also be a bit of a problem though. I caught this bone in November a few years ago 5 hours before a tropical storm hit.

Pete

Smcdermott
11-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Pete,

I and my employer are going to have to ask that you no longer post pictures of these monsters :Eyecrazy: you have caught on the flats. I seem to lose all ability to concentrate for the remainder of the day. ;)

Sean

BigDave
11-03-2005, 11:26 AM
That is a pig.

What did it weigh (14lbs +)?

petevicar
11-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Sorry Sean
I'll try not to do it again.

Dave
It came in at 13 and a half.

Pete

Dave17
11-03-2005, 04:32 PM
That could be the single most ridiculous bone picture I have ever seen in my life :eek: :eek:

jimS
11-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Dave, we've got to linkup. I'll be in Florida Jan thru Feb. I've got some really good guides and some interesting areas for DIY in the Keys.

Where are you located? I'll be in Naples area, which is pretty close to Flaming, Key Largo, Homestead, etc.

Jim

Dave17
11-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Jim sounds great! I'll actually be working in the Miami, Ft Lauderdale area on a regular basis but plan on making the drive down for the weekends whenever I get the chance. You name the place and I'll be there :smokin:

juro
11-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Pete, nice bone! I can only imagine the battle. I lost a monster bone on Exuma I would estimate at ~12# that kicked my butt up and down the flat.

Dave, I've always heard Nov to be a prime time on the Keys. I would suggest Ben Iannotta Jr, I'll send you some contact info.

Jim, Dave - expect me to exercise some cheap tickets to join you guys when the weather gets to me up north.