NEW H2 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: NEW H2

striblue
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Just bought a new H3, smaller Hummer... affordable and it appears that It will be better than my old Jeep Grand Cheerokee for beach going... smalll as as the usual SUV"s...SAME mileage as the jeep but a real work horse... 30,000 grand less than the H2..... When I bought it, which has now a waiting list...loved seeing the H2 owners come in and begging to trade their $60,000 H2's for the little H3 which lists at $29,500... Also loved speaking with all these guys who spent more on big trucks that cost more... I post this here simple to let you guys know that if you are in the market for a new SUV.... You had better check and test drive this bueatiful SUV which has all the torque and ability of the big H2, but in a more workable package

bonefishmon
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
So, when do we get a ride on the beach in this new toy of yours? Have you been out fishing in this new rig or is Nauset all over?

Phil

FrenchCreek
10-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey John,
If you had boughtthe H3, then we would have to call you RAMBO-BLUE. Now I guess we will have to setlle for RAMBO-TITO-BLUE!
Congrats on your new addition, my friend has one and just loves it. It has been our "Best Buggy" for hunting birds with lots of room in the back for the dog crates. Later this week it gets tested for deer hunting and I'm sure it will prevail. Enjoy your new toy!

Whiskey Dick
10-31-2005, 08:51 PM
If you want to test drive one call your local Avis Rent A Car, They have had the H3 in the rental fleet here in Oregon the past 9 months. A nice rig. :)

Jimmy
10-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Never thought I wold see the day. Best of luck. Just one question. Did you he save the bumper stickers or do you need a new supply? :D

flydoc
10-31-2005, 10:41 PM
Was weighing SUV vs pickup a couple years back, and came up with the same result Juro did- TUNDRA. Can't beat the ground clearance...I've gotten in and out of more sticky off road situations with my baby than I can shake a stick at in the short time I've owned it. I'm a Tundra lifer......at least until they come up with something better :D
Flydoc

striblue
10-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Doc, I am sure you are spot on.... but the ground clearance on the new H3 is is up to the test..... since your Tundra is new you don;t have to compare...but when I see you next your next car will end up at the H3... and bsides for a single guy you can go back to the "old" days when all the "chicks" want a ride.....remember!!! :lildevl: :smokin: :biggrin: :wink:

FishHawk
11-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Well your rod caddie will have to go for a test ride. :chuckle: :hihi:
FishHawk

Nick
11-01-2005, 07:16 AM
I can't wait to see you bombing around in this thing. Covered with fishing stickers, ski racks on the roof, stinking from fishing sandals... I'm sure its an H3 that is finally proud of its owner as opposed to the typical hummer clientel. Congrats!

JimW
11-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Cool John, Very Cool. What color is it?

striblue
11-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Jim..It's jet black.... the star wars interceptor of Morris Island... BEWARE!!!!

Dble Haul
11-01-2005, 09:18 AM
I think that we have a new South Beach ferry service, and it's not over water. :wink:

Paxton
11-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Congrats on the new "vehicle"....you must be vigilent and make sure that Pete doesn't mount a surface to air launcher on it while it is parked on Morris Island :chuckle:
Ron