First post - also RI Friday [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: First post - also RI Friday

SECT_striper
10-30-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm a pretty new to saltwater (2 years) fly guy in SE Connecticut. I've been having fun catching stripers and blues (with mixed success, if you know what I mean) from the beach in SE Connecticut and occasionally the South County Rhode Island beaches.

Well, I was at the same beaches on Friday as a couple of the other posters. As Jared said, the boats did well. It was good to see lots of fish splashing and birds working, but I'm shorebound so the blitzes were out of range.

I did pick up 10 or 12 small schoolies casting blind at Fire District beach.

I'm hoping to be able to take a couple (or three) days vacation in the next week or two to get out while there are fish around in decent numbers.

I've enjoyed reading posts about fishing in this area - hope I can contribute a few.

regards,
Alan

juro
10-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Sounds like I'd better get out there while the getting is good... hopefully next weekend down Sean & Sean's way.

FishHawk
10-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Welcome aboard Alan. Wish I knew you were around on Fri. FishHawk :smokin:

bonefishmon
10-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Welcome aboard Alan. Wish I knew you were around on Fri. FishHawk :smokin:

Bill. You did meet him. Alan was the sporting a LL Bean Orion at the musselbar fishing outside of you.

Welcome Alan! Fire District is a great place to get loads of fish when the birds are not showing. We look forward to your posts.

Phil