Cuba Bones?? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Cuba Bones??

chesterlh
10-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Does anyone have information on bonefishing in Cuba, especially near the Varadero area. I was there last spring and saw what looked like a bonefish flat near the resorts, but could not get any informaiton. Anybody able to shed some light in that. Thanks

Dave17
10-20-2005, 02:13 PM
If you Pm me your email I'll send you an article I have on Cuba.....

arubaman
10-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Must be the best Bonefishing in the world. Matt Hayes had a documentary about it on the Discovery chanel, it was called: "Buena Vista Fishing Club". The best place for Bones would be las Saliņas, a national park with exclusive fishing. We had a guy having a commercial talk about guided tours to there a couple of weeks ago in the Netherlands.
As I understood correctly, he advertised with the statement that it is still quiet and unspoiled, due to the fact that itīs prohibited for Americans to go to Cuba :tsk_tsk: I didnīt understand that statement that well, but I concluded that it is somehow not allowed by Bush to visit Cuba and then come back to the States??
Well, Google on Las Saliņas and Bonefish, maybe that gives you some info.

Tin Pusher
10-21-2005, 09:20 AM
There is nothing around Varadero. It has been commercially fished out.

petevicar
10-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Hi Chester
I was in Cayo Largo in January and I intend going back there next month if it is still standing.
I have some info on different places send me a PM if you want some info.

Pete