Duxbury Plymouth [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Duxbury Plymouth

JimW
10-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Here's a link to one of our sponsor's site that is worth checking out.
http://baymenoutfitters.com/storenews/

I'm willing to bet that green roth built was Captain Charlie Lemieux's northcoast. Kinda makes me think twice about Rhody, but there's no albies in Plymouth :devil:

striperstripper
10-19-2005, 03:25 PM
The northern part of cape cod bay is loaded with stripers ,from off Plymouth out for miles there have been breaking fish,gulls,gannets,large bunker and sea herring,and these are large fish.The next couple of days call for NNW winds, keep an eye on scusset beach and the east end of the canal. :hihi: :chuckle: :Eyecrazy:

bonefishmon
10-20-2005, 04:53 AM
There is discussion on moving the Rhody Clave to the canal on Sunday if Saturday is a bust down here. Screw the rain!!!!!!!!

Phil

Guernseybass
10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
is that unusual for that area this time of year ?

how does the fishing normally rate compared to the cape ?

I ask because i am moving from the UK to south eastern MA in May and i'm trying to pin point exactly where i want to live. It has to be within 1 hour of Boston, but i'm hoping for good fishing on my doorstep.

cheers

Mark.

flydoc
10-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Mark- you'd be hard pressed to beat the Plymouth/Duxbury area, given your criteria- within striking distance of Boston, Plymouth and Duxbury harbors, Rhody, the Cape Cod Canal, and the rest of the Cape. Looking forward to having you join the ranks of the Yanks....just make sure to drive on the right (literally and figuratively) side of the road. :hihi:
Flydoc

Guernseybass
10-21-2005, 03:05 AM
Thanks Doc,

My American wife to be ( :whoa: ) wanted us to settled in West Virginia, I wanted us to settle in Hampshire, England, so SE MA is a very happy compromise. :cool:

I was hoping to find somewhere where i could catch the evening tide after work, and be in with a decent chance of a fish.

Looking forward to joining you all immensely.

Mark.