October Rhody Clave: Who's coming? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: October Rhody Clave: Who's coming?

bonefishmon
10-18-2005, 08:25 PM
The weather spirits are looking to be in our favor for the weekend. I visited Paddy's and met Brian Harrison to firm up our 7PM meeting spot for food and drink this evening. Bring your fleece! It's an open air event. Pool table, bar and lots of room for us on a patio right near the surf. If the bass are bustin' the beach, we'll hear um!

The pot is done being stirred and the stew is ready. All we need to know now is who will be coming to enjoy it? I have many people to thank for helping get this off the ground and hope to see all of you on JF Basser's list either on the water or at Paddy's on Saturday night.

Looks like many will be wetting lines rather than meeting up at sunrise. For those that want to meet up early AM Saturday, please contact JF Basser's cell phone as to where and when that should be. I suggested the Andrea Hotel at 6 to 6:30 AM. Looks like we have:

Jim W... Friday only
Grizz (Chuck and Judith) Saturday and Sunday
Fish Hawk Bill... Til he drops!!!!
Drew same
Chris same
Sean R. Saturday maybe Sunday
Sean M. boat Saturday Sunday?
Slinger boat Saturday Sunday?
Adrian Saturday
Quentin Saturday, Sunday
Greg D Fri. & Sunday
Nick ?????????
Art B Under the weather
JF command center Basser Fri. & Sat.
Mike Z and the kids... all weekend
Striper Mike ????????
Jared....boat Saturday Sunday???
Bonefishmon Phil Friday AM Sat. Sunday. Work Fri. Night.

Wow!!!!! 18 fish finding fanatics all total thus far!

Adrian
10-18-2005, 08:47 PM
I will be travelling up Saturday a.m. (with Yak and cold water paddling gear to hand). Probably won't make the 06:30 sortie.

I'll dial in to see what's up. Staying over Saturday for late night / early Sunday activity. Probably making a tactical withdrawal around mid-day Sunday. That is unless (of course) we are into an epic fall run Blitz, in which case I'll be in serious trouble with "ground control" :lildevl:

Really looking forward to catching up with everyone! :smokin:

Smcdermott
10-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Phil,

Right now it looks like I will be out scouting on Friday in addition to JimW unless the forecast or work obligations change over the next couple days. Saturday I will be fishing with Doogue and Seuss. Not sure if they will be able to stay for dinner or not. Sunday is up the air for me but if the weather holds I will be on the boat as well.

Sean

FishHawk
10-19-2005, 04:24 AM
Thanks to Phil and JBasser along with Sean for their work in getting this thing going. We finally get to have a Rhody Clave. :D Let's hope the fish are around.
FishHawk

jared
10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Still not 100% , but if I come down it would be for
Friday only.

-jared

Slinger
10-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Looks like I`m not gonna be able to make the feast, family matters. May not get down at all, but thats yet to be decided.
Slinger

doogue
10-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I will be fishing with Sean McD on Saturday but I need to head back to NH when I get off of the water.

I hope that you guys have a great dinner.

Mike

Smcdermott
10-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Phil,

Will there be space for us inside at Paddy's? Weather forecast is deteriorating rapidly.

Sean

Paxton
10-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Phil......I'm in for friday and saturday :-) Is there some provision that is needed? If not, I'll chip in $ to compensate those who have contributed goods. Can bring a variety of munchies. Looking forward to it all.....a big congrats to you for organizing this and a bigger thanks for your efforts.
Ron

bonefishmon
10-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I say we determine where we eat when Saturday rolls around. The Venice Resturant upstairs in the bar if things turn sour. Please be thinking about casual but smart dress if that is where we end up. Clean button up shirt and a pair of slacks in the duffle will do it. It's near the beach but a bit inland on Shore Road.
Like you said earlier Sean. We don't know what will materailize until the day unfolds. Whatever the day brings I'm sure we'll find a spot to gather. Paddy's is under a roof but if it's blowing??????

Phil

jfbasser
10-19-2005, 06:18 PM
The phone list as it currently stands has been PMd to all as of 7:15 PM tonight the 19th day of October...I hope :Eyecrazy:

bonefishmon
10-19-2005, 06:45 PM
The list is dwindling. The realistic facts tell me (and Sean) that the weathermen suck! I will be fishing on Saturday in the rain with birds working as far as I can see with the wind blowing from my left and very few fishermen in sight.

Bring rain gear and a smile. Worse case senerio? Paddy's on Saturday, all day with beer indoors and the birds right out in front. We can drink and wait for the blitz right in front of us and then CHAAAAARGE right down to the surf! Bring your cue sticks.

Phil

bonefishmon
10-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Phil......I'm in for friday and saturday :-) Is there some provision that is needed? If not, I'll chip in $ to compensate those who have contributed goods. Can bring a variety of munchies. Looking forward to it all.....a big congrats to you for organizing this and a bigger thanks for your efforts.
Ron

Excellent Ron! So happy things are shaping up for you to make the trip down. Please PM JF Basser your cell number to get on the list. The weather may be a bit funky but we'll manage. Your contact on Friday will be important if you want to hook up with those that are there. Fish Hawk will be your best bet. Please PM me your home number again.

Phil

jared
10-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Gents,

I'm punting on Rhode Island tomorrow....have gotten some recent boat reports which suggest not too many Albies around in RI waters. Some well to the west/south of Napatree, but nothing concrete where I was hoping to fish. The reports on CCB on some other boards are too tempting to pass up (and a closer drive).

Hope you guys have a blast down there this weekend. Expect I'll be down that way starting next weekend until the fat lady is in full voice!

-Jared

Adrian
10-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Weather for Saturday night doesn't look good :Eyecrazy:

Actually we might be better off staying outside in the wet weather gear - it will probably be only marginally wetter than standing in the surf. :lildevl:

I'm still coming :smokin:

kennebecfly
10-20-2005, 12:16 PM
We are still leaveing in a.m,Gonna give it hell I would only get wet in the surf somewhere in N.H any How :devil:

FishHawk
10-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I'll be there , I survived the Spring Clave weather so this is a piece of cake.
FishHawk :smokin:

Quentin
10-20-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm in for Fri, Sat, Sun and maybe Mon. I'll be staying at Burlingame if I can get a cabin. I am planning to be at Paddy's on Saturday evening. Bring on the blitzes!

Q

jfbasser
10-20-2005, 01:43 PM
I will be bypassing those KEEPAH Blitzes 15 minutes away and 2 minutes from my Buddy's warm house on CCB to drive 2 hours just to raise a rod (and maybe a glass :biggrin: ) with fellow Forum Members and hope for one bite :biggrin: