I'll be back.... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: I'll be back....

Dble Haul
10-11-2005, 11:40 AM
I've returned from a four day Royal Carribean Cruise, and although I didn't have time to do any fishing in the Bahamas I know for certain that I will be back.

We took shore excursions for snorkeling and swimming with some dolphins, and my time spent on the shuttle boats there and back and in the water itself have convinced Anne and I that it's not a matter of if we will be back, but when.

Even if it's a few years down the road, I can't wait. :cool:

Adrian
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
There's definitely something deeply hypnotic about the tropics that gets deep into your DNA and never leaves you.

Sounds like a nice trip Mark - which Islands did you stop at?

juro
10-11-2005, 01:43 PM
:cool: Think RIDICULOUS

Dble Haul
10-11-2005, 01:52 PM
We left Miami on Friday and arrived at Coco Cay (Royal Carribean's private island) early Saturday. We traveled Saturday night to arrive at Nassau early Sunday, where we took a shuttle out to Blue Lagoon (a separate small island) for the dolphin activities. The rest of Sunday was spent hoofing around Nassau before boarding the ship for the overnight journey back to Miami.

And yes Juro, I'm thinking RIDICULOUS, but even that might be a few years down the road. But the thought is there. :D

bonefishmon
10-13-2005, 05:18 AM
[QUOTE=Dble Haul]We left Miami on Friday and arrived at Coco Cay

Berry Islands NW of Great harbor?

Phil

FredA
10-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Mark, I've been to Coco Cay, before I got the flyfishing bug. Neet little island in the Berry's. Did you explore or just stay around the area where they did the group snorkeling, volleyball and beach party games with Cuffy and Mandy, your cruise directors. If I'm ever on a cruise and get back there (not likely) I'll be sure to have rod in hand. There's gotta to be a nice secluded flat somewhere around that island.

Dble Haul
10-13-2005, 08:35 AM
We were confined to the group area for snorkeling and such. But I hear you about returning to that place with a flyrod. :lildevl:

acklinsboy
10-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Maybe the next time you guys or gals of the forum are on New Providence I can sneak you away from the tourist areas and find a good flat or two for you!

When you in Nassau, always PM ACKLINS BOY.

FredA
10-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks Felton for the generous offer.

A little search reveals that the real name of Coco Cay is Little Stirrup Cay.
http://www.skypic.com/bahamas/6-9548.jpg

mdbones
10-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Although I have never been to that island - My OCD tells me that hitching a ride down to the Marina (pictured on the back side towards the bottom of the Island)and then walking back toward the top of that Island (especially where that deep pool meets the flat) would without a doubt result in some nice Bonefishing opportunities. This of course is exactly the type of behavior that my marriage counsler says is destructive to my marriage!!

Mike