DIY Trout Fishing in Argentine Patagonia? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: DIY Trout Fishing in Argentine Patagonia?

delvet
10-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi!! I need some help. I am currently travelling around south america for 7months (having a blast in Bolivia at the moment) and will shortly be arriving in Argentina - just in time for the season to start!!!

Does anyone have any information/online resources about CHEAP DIY trout fishing down there?? I have my tent and camping gear as well as tackle, so don{t want to shell out the $450 a day that I have found online for complete packages.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Del :confused:

teflon_jones
10-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I've looked at this before and I don't know of any DIY opportunities there. It seems to be too wild and remote for somebody to do unless they're a local that knows the area.

SSPey
10-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Esquel is a great HQ for DIY trout fishing, with enough basic services and locals to get you going. There are several national parks and other spots in close proximity, with bus access. Have fun.

juro
10-10-2005, 07:11 AM
I think Steve has a good point. Looking back at the Destinations article from Luis Nasim of Montreal, I would say it looks fantastic for DIY fishing.

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/destinations/patagonia/patagonia.htm

delvet
10-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the advice Steve. Will look into what I can find in that area when I get down there.
Will let you know how I get on in the next 6 weeks or so - still in Brazil catching piranha at the moment!
Cheers
Del

patagonia32
10-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi, weŽre agree that most fishing companies charge from 450 bucks daily and up for guiding public waters in Argentina. Forget those numbers buddy!
Why donŽt you contact me before you come to Argentina, IŽll be pleased to offer you some interesting fishing experience. November is a great time to find something really BIG!
My MSN is: abeltri@hotmail.com and e-mail is: info@flymastersflyfishing.com

Tigth lines!