BoneClave Boating List [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BoneClave Boating List

JimW
09-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Gregg E and Tom D, looks like we are the 3 boats on Friday.

Currently I've got ChuckR and Tom has Sean - that leaves
Gregg - 2 available
Tom - Sean +1 available
Jim - Chuck + 1 available

Based on the current number of boats and riders there will be some shore rotation, the jetties can be an excellent place to fish from shore so that shouldn't be a problem but getting everyone and their gear to the island requires a bit of coordination.

Those of you arriving on Friday:
3 Brits Friday only Juro can you confirm?
Skiman
Fliboy
ShadFreak
FlyDoc
Bonefishmon
Are you planning on arriving in the AM to fish the day or PM to camp? Please respond in this thread.
================================================== =====
GregD - Looks like you are camping on Friday night - What's your expected arrival time?

I'm assuming Saturday arrivals will be in the early AM
jfbasser
porkslice
Juro
3 Brits Matt, Steveo, Silas

Looks like 3 boat loads if you count the gear. That ramp across the bay is looking better and better.

Please confirm.

Directions to White's Landing can be found here:
http://www.waquoitbayreserve.org/camp.htm

juro
09-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Jim -

The Brits (Steve, Matt and Silas) would like to participate Friday and Saturday but will not camp.

I am a Sat AM arrival.

JimW
09-28-2005, 07:56 PM
It may be best if we pick them up at the ramp across the bay rather than going the long way. Anyone know if there is parking within walking distance to that ramp?

jfbasser
09-28-2005, 07:57 PM
I am a Sat am arrival at any time convenient to the Boater.

sean
09-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Yep I will be there Friday as soon as I here from Tom at what time to meet. Speaking of which where do you all usually meet up? Can someone post directions.

-sean

Quentin
09-28-2005, 09:55 PM
. . . there will be some shore rotation, the jetties can be an excellent place to fish from shore . . .

Definitely! And don't neglect the adjacent beaches and the corners up inside the breachway. Check out the satellite images on maps.google :cool:

Q

shadfreak
09-29-2005, 06:48 AM
Hi Jim
Thanks for your co ordination of this. I am planning to arrive Friday am. Just tell me what time to be there. I'll assume that I'm going to White's Landing, please let me know if that changes.
Can't wait
Larry

flydoc
09-29-2005, 11:21 AM
I'll likely be coming over in my yak either late Friday afternoon or (if other things/prepping to go get in the way) early Saturday. I'm still hacking a bit from the bronchitis I contracted last weekend, so if noone sees me there by by noon on Saturday, you'll know why...hopefully it won't come to that, as I'm still smarting over having to miss the action this past Sunday. :mad:
Flydoc

Hawkeye
09-29-2005, 11:47 AM
There is parking at the other ramp on the Jehu pond outlet - Town Landing Road.
I will be making a late morning/early afternoon start to my fishing so I'll be able to pick up people at the "Jehu" pond ramp (for lack of a better name) anytime Friday morning from say 6am to noon. I'll have my cell phone so riders can give me a call and I'll be on my way.

JimW
09-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Gregg,
How's the parking situation over there?

Hawkeye
09-29-2005, 11:59 AM
There's a fair number of parking spots for vehicle/trailers and the road is quite long with parking allowed on one side if I remember correctly.

shadfreak
09-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Hawkeye
If you are interested in setting a time now for me to meet you at the ramp on Friday AM. I'll be there.
Larry

JimW
09-29-2005, 12:22 PM
That looks great!
Here's a link to the Jehu ramp
The Other Ramp (http://www.mapblast.com/(rgbvby45oyev5b55qfdlwz45)/map.aspx?L=USA&C=41.56181%2c-70.49778&A=7.16667&P=|41.56181%2c-70.49778|1|Town+Landing+Rd%2c+Mashpee%2c+MA+02649| L1|)

Hawkeye
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Shadfreak,

Anytime from 6am to noon. I'll be dropping my gear on the beach at the campsite but I don't want to leave it unattended for long so I wont be fishing until the campsite is ours and I can properly stow the gear.

JimW
09-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Flydoc,
Hopefully you can make it, if you are yakking over it might be a good idea to give one of us a call before you launch. Are you familiar with where the campsites are? It might make sense to plan have your gear hauled over by one of us, it would make the paddle a lot easier, you'd probably beat any boat puttering in the Child's river and then it's not far to the site.

A yak will set you up nicely in the jetties, I've had albies busting all around me in the yak down in Rhody, it's awesome, they don't seem to be as skittish of yaks as they are of the boats.

GregD
09-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to arrive in the late afternoon before the traffic gets too heavy. Be glad to help out ferrying people and stuff. I had a thought for towing out kayaks. A 10 foot section of pvc with a rope loop tie up to the bow of the yak and the back of the boat will keep it at a distance for towing and stop it from crashing into the hull when you stop. I have a section I could bring for Phil's kayak, perhaps one more for another yak.

I'm trying to get things setup so I can get down there by 2 or so in the afternoon, But it alsways seems to work out as later.

I'll have my cell phone on and with me tomorrow.

Greg.

JimW
09-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Greg,
That's an interesting idea for the yak tow.

Everyone,
As far as a list of who's fishing on what boat when, aka the schedule. I say we work that out on the fly. Since there are less boat spots than riders yaks are a plus. We should all be ready to fish from shore if the seas get ugly one of the days.

Fliboy
Skiman
Bonefishmon
Still waiting to hear your arrival time AM or PM - We do need to have at least a loose plan for pickups. If you show up and the fleet is out chasing albies you may be spending some time at the ramp - right Phil :wink:

JFBasser - How's 7:30ish AM Saturday sound?

Porkslice - please do confirm but it would make sense to pick you up at the same time.

All pickups and drop offs will be at the new ramp - not White's landing - directions will be going up soon.

It's blowin' like a bugger here now and it probably won't lay down until Friday afternoon - I recommend anyone bringing gear put clothes and sleeping bags in some sort of waterproof container - those rubbermaid totes with covers work well as do a couple of garbage bags.

I don't know about the other boats but mine rides a little wet :whoa:

FishHawk
09-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Tight lines guys . I have to attend a wedding on Sat. and family obligations prevent me from attending on Sunday. Get a lot of albies for the FishHawk :D

sean
09-29-2005, 04:38 PM
I was just informed I gotta cover oncall at work until 12pm which has me wondering if I should still come up for friday. Will grab the cell list and start calling when I get there which should be around 2pm. Will be prepared to wait in case you all are hitting fish.

-sean

GregD
09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Sean,

Well if things work out 2pm should be about when I get there, give me a shout
tommorrow afternoon and see if we can sync up for the ride out.

Greg.

jfbasser
09-29-2005, 07:17 PM
7:30 ish sat am sounds fine...do you have a point of contact for me?

JimW
09-29-2005, 08:35 PM
John,
Give me a call, sent you a pm in case you did not receive the phone list.

bonefishmon
09-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry for the late reply fellas. The yak is strapped to the top of my Subaru and I'm ready to head out from Mystic, Ct. at some point around 8am on Fri. If the wind is down I plan to paddle out with only a few needed items for fishing. I hope to get a ride back to the car at the new ramp for the gear around 2pm for Greg D's departure. I'm playing this one by ear as I am very fortunate to be getting away at all! Looking forward to seeing everyone! Weather is looking great!

Phil

fliboy
09-29-2005, 09:36 PM
JimW - right now my plans are up in the air as far as arrival time. Just got home from work about an hour ago. Some issues have come up at work, and I have to go in tomorrow morning for sure. I had planned to head out very early Friday morning. I'm going to have to call when I figure out when I can finally get issues resolved.

I'll have the cell list and start calling when I head south. If things drag out tomorrow, I don't see it going in to Saturday - so again I'll use the list to see what's up, and work out how I can arrange for the trip to the camp site.

Yeah - the Sox just won - AWESOME!

Dave

flydoc
09-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Cough is much better, but some stuff has come up at the office that I need to deal with Friday, so it looks like a Saturday AM arrival for me as well. Should be able to pack what I need on the yak (I've got a big 14 foot inflatable- as much a canoe as a yak)- just need a tip on where best to launch- ?White's Landing?. Also, if Juro could confirm where he left my Atlantis- I'm pretty sure you said you left it at CAC- any idea if John is going to be there Friday night?
Flydoc

JimW
09-30-2005, 04:05 AM
Sounds good guys.
Sox won - yep I stayed up for it and just thankful it didn't go to extra innings - I find it best to get right into the sleep deprivation mode from the start :wink:

I'm hitting the road and officially offline .......