Monomoy fall classic Sept 24 Cancelled!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Monomoy fall classic Sept 24 Cancelled!!


Rip Ryder
09-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Sorry to say guys but the wind gods are not in our favor for Sat. Marine forecast is NE 20-25 overnight with gust to 30 and Saturday is NE 20-25 not diminishing until late afternoon, sea of 4-7 feet. Being on the north tip, you will have that wind right in your face, and going to the west side you would have to walk to far north of the area you want to fish to find cover from the wind. The east side will be unfishable also with the surf coming in. AS far as landing the boat there, it would be pretty much impossible with the incoming flow and the wind against it.

Sunday is looking good as of right now. Those of you that can move over to Sunday let us know so we can add to the List for that day. Looks like 9 on the other post from Juro.

Capt Keith

jimS
09-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Keith Lincoln is a great captain and we all defer to his experience on the weather. There are places to fish with a northeast wind from the mainlland.

There is the Stage Harbor iinlet accessed from Morris Island, and Harding Beach to Stage Harbor inlet.

Reports of albies from Chatham to the Southway on the outside shouldn't be ignored.

Northeast wind is always good on the bayside as a result of pushing bait into shore.

Anyway, some of us will be at the refuge about 8 a.m. to discuss options for the day.

FredA
09-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I'll go Sunday if there's room.

juro
09-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Captain knows best.

Thanks Keith,

For all who are displaced by the weather conditions take heart, we can 'own' the island tomorrow. Wind is mild east swinging to south 5-10 or something like that.

Should produce very good conditions for an indian summer day on South Monomoy.

See you guys at the refuge in the am.