Area 43 and ..... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Area 43 and .....

Xiphias
09-17-2005, 12:27 PM
dI was running errands this morning and conveniently found myself at Great Neck in Ipswich. I stopped long enough to asked an exiting Kayaker how the fishing was? He said hecaught a sbft within sight of the state Park on the other side! The Stripers and blues were there too. Tuna apparently sowed him a half mile and against the tide could not return to the spot. Do I believe it? That sounds awfully close to me but maybe someone else has an opinion on tuna in 30 feet of water.
There was still a blitz going on when I left.
Beverly was amazing Friday Morning and a friend said the big blues were in shallow this morning. Only Minor swells from the storm.
Xiphias

juro
09-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Sounds awesome - I wouldn't mind working the essex inlet while these big tides are going... what's access to Crane's like nowadays?

Xiphias
09-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Juro,
The mouth of the Essex and Ipswich look shallower than a couple of years ago.
The Sandbar at the end of Plumb Island is definitely more visible at low. At low the Essex entrance was four feet on my fish finder at low 2 weeks ago.
Have not fished the ipswich end much this year. The trip across is hard work in anything requiring a paddle.
Did I mention the kayaker was ready to keel over from exhaustion?
Xiphias