Sweet! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Sweet!

Leland Miyawaki
08-28-2005, 10:29 PM
This morning on the Snoqualmie, I was lowholed by a man casting a spinner. I figured that it didn't matter as I had already fished through the run three times with three different flies and I was fixing to leave anyway, but it still kinda bothered me. A few moments later, I got sweet revenge as a hot 7-8 lb. hen simply blasted my #10 Blue Charm. She struck about five feet above the spot my new fishing partner was standing on and immediately launched into a series of downstream cartwheels. I heard his expletives as he must have first thought that someone was tossing rocks into the river. When he saw my rod bending and heard my reel screaming, he began to cast all the more feverishly. The fun was when I slid her onto the rocks, held her by the wrist as I removed the hook, picked her up, turned quickly and slid her back into the water. I nonchalantly stood, gathered up my rod, and walked back to my car without looking back like it happens all the time.

Leland.

juro
08-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Sounds like you're back to your old tricks again Leland :)

SalmoGairdneri
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
That's the move. When you get to the end zone, you have to act like you've been there before!

Cheers,

-tony

juro
08-29-2005, 12:11 PM
"We bad" :smokin:

- Richard Pryor

flytyer
08-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Leland,

Love it!