Jamie, where are you.... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Jamie, where are you....

clouser UK
08-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Any of you guys met up with our Jamie from the UK this week?

I know he's been out at least once and know he was looking to meet up with a couple of you...lucky so and so :lildevl:

Just being nosey and a little jealous

Dave :wink:

striblue
08-26-2005, 02:29 PM
You Guys from the UK... can you find out why I have not been able to get my "activation key" from the " Flyfishingforums" web site... I understand it might be on my computer blocking the e-mail... but if you guys can get it and PM me here I can then get back on... My handle on the UK board is "condor"

clouser UK
08-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi John, fret ye not!

We are all on the www.ukswff.co.uk now, if you'd care to join us :)

Were trying to get the forum leader Steve 'the Tyke' on the case :smokin:

striblue
08-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks Dave... I will sign on! :)

jimS
08-27-2005, 08:26 AM
on Tuesday. He was suffering from jet lag, but did manage to catch a couple of bass. Along with Ken McRae, we got him into sightfishing, and he did see some huge fish.

While its a family vacation, I'm sure Jamie will manage to wet a line on more than one occasion before he returns around 2 Sept.

clouser UK
08-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Thanks Jim,
I was sure he'd hook up with one of you guys.....just wish i was with him :roll:

jamie
09-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Back in the UK now. Had a great session with Jim and Ken on SB, I have to say I was feeling pretty rough and went to bed as soon as I got back to the cottage with achy bones and temperature. I was not going to let that stop my day out with the masters though. As Jim said I had a few twinkies and saw some good fish, I was not on form though.

Fished mecca a few times from 2am to sun-up and 3am to sun-up. Drifting a fly in the current on the dropping tide. One foggy morning I had take after take from about 4am. The biggest coming in at around 33", a good session. The second time was a startingly clear night, the day after the heavy rain, and I caught two small fish. Finished each of the sessions with a nice breakie at Larrys though.

Looking forward to a few trip over again next year.

Thanks to Jim for "the fly" and also the tip on the Olde Inn. Had a nice supper there on a few occassions.

jimS
09-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Jamie. Nice to see you again. Will see you again next June, I presume.

Looks like Stevo will be here at the end of the month. By then, the migration should be starting.

Regards,

Jim

Dave17
09-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Jim,

I'm coming out on Thursday for my last hurrah of the season are you still around up there?

jamie
09-07-2005, 05:15 AM
I think you can pretty much guarantee that I will be out in June and August again next year.

jimS
09-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Dave, traveling back to the Cape on Saturday. I'll be there thru mid-Oct. The fishing only gets better toward the end of the month. Plan to possibly linkup with Frank and Dave later in the month.

Jim

Stevo
09-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Looks like Stevo will be here at the end of the month. By then, the migration should be starting.

Just counting the days! :smokin: