Saturday Funny Fish hunt [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Saturday Funny Fish hunt

Slinger
08-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Got no one on board for Sat. Gonna spend the day hunting for tunoids. I work nights and never sleep on FRi nights to get an early start, probably be done around noon. No guarentees of fish, just a shot, but I get good intel. First PM response is in. When I say early start I mean leaving Prov. at 4:00.
Slinger

bonefishmon
08-25-2005, 06:40 AM
I'll go if I can get away.

Phil

bonefishmon
08-25-2005, 07:14 AM
Where are you launching the boat?

Phil

jfbasser
08-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Slinger is out on the bay right now...I am sure he will check his PMs when he gets home this afternoon

Slinger
08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Went 1 for 2 today, dam line twist! Waiting to hear from Phil, if not it`s Big Dave. Lots of Bonito sighted this morning. I`m not gonna burn the spot but lets just say, I could see Mansions and Cuttyhunk.
Slinger
PS Up all night and gotta be back to work at 3, need to get 2 hrs sleep!

bonefishmon
08-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Steve. It's affermative!! Please PM me info on where to meet along with contact #'s in the event I need to call you. Thanks. Sorry Big Dave. Not every day I get to fish with a Forum member.

Phil

bonefishmon
08-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Steve. Any action on Sunday?

Phil

Slinger
08-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Went to Watch Hill with Big Dave this morning. Got off to a slow start, the water was pretty bumpy. Went to Napatree, then the reefs then over to Fishers and then to Mystic for one bass. We got a call from Striper on the reefs who said the place was full of Bass. We zoomed back over and he wasn`t telling tales. The fish were on juvie Squid and the Steve Farrar patterns got a work out. The fish think they look real good too! I owe a big thanks to Mike for that call, he saved what would have been a poor outing. The reefs were really kicking up today. Thank God I don`t do this for a living, who ever heard of a capt. that gets seasick? After an hour on the reef I couldn`t handle it anymore and had to call it a day. No funny fish and not a single blue spotted on our long boat ride thru the sound.
Slinger