Friday Quality Time [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Friday Quality Time

FredA
08-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Thinking about some quality fishing time on Friday. Either Monomoy (haven't been there this year) or bayside yak attack. Anybody gonna be around?

juro
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
How I wish.... todays tides alone have my spidey senses off the chart.

jfbasser
08-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Will be looking for early Albies...

Slinger
08-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Not early! This is the time frame when we usually have the Boneclav and there were allways plenty of FA`s around except for 2 yrs ago when they were nowhere.It`s usually weather problems that screw us up, but not a lack of fish. Have yet to see either a bonito or Albie in my usual haunts. Got released from work early Mon night so I grabbed a couple hours sleep and was on the water at Pt Judith at dawn today, spent 5 hrs running from WW to the center and over to the point and back to Deep Hole, never saw a single fish! Bones usually show up here the last week of July and FA`s by now, and thats from shore. Except for the footballs this would have been an exceedingly dull summer. Pt Judith pond is wall to wall and 5 ft thick in bait, but wheres the fish? This has been an eceptionally strange season. Intel from a friend who fishes Watch Hill religiously says it`s been deader than Elvis.
Slinger

FredA
08-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Will be looking for early Albies...

Ding Dong I reckon? Interesting. But I'm in need of a flatz fix.

jfbasser
08-24-2005, 12:22 PM
I had a flatz fix yesterday from the boat....but I had to wait to this am to complete the Tiger Slam at Ding :biggrin:

RayStachelek
08-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Slinger,

The bonito are in. We caught a double and that was it for the morning around the same area.

Intel from a friend who fishes Watch Hill religiously says it`s been deader than Elvis.

Your friend may have to go to confession after that religious comment. He might be holding back some information.

A friend invited me out during the full moon Monday afternoon over the Watch Hill Complex. Plenty of P-bunker dimpling around. With the strong water flow managed 6 bluefish and 3 six lbs. bass.