Atlantic Hideaway Long Island Bahamas [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Atlantic Hideaway Long Island Bahamas

jeffm
08-18-2005, 01:05 AM
Has anyone used this facility? Thinking of going in March and was looking for some info.

Thanks

KMcFly
08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I was there in 02 and it was okay as far as the lodge goes but we were lucky enough to meet a guide named Dwayne Knowles and he was excellent.He now runs alodge nearby and its a great place.PM me for details.

Vince
08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Atlantic Hideaway is a good place for the very competitive price a week is offered at. Bernard is the owner and he runs it and will make sure you have pretty much all you need. Lost of good shallow water wading there, and you can be fishing within 5 minutes of the dock, which is a two minute ride from the lodge. I was there in 2004, and before that in 2000. Philip Cartwright is a good guide, as was the other younger guy we had but whose name escapes me. (he is in one of the pictures on the link below) In 2000 we fished with Dwayne, Elvis and Champ Knowles, and their father, and they were all pretty good. I do not believe they are associated with Atlantic Hideaway now though, but are at another lodge nearby.
The view from the lodge is spectactular, and there is a nice breeze due to it's hilltop location.
To read my trip report on this lodge copy and paste this link:
http://www.cattarauguscreekoutfitters.com/viewsection.asp?SectionCode=BONEOUTFITCLOSEWEB

Good luck if you go.