jfbasser
08-17-2005, 05:49 AM
Fred A boated his first SBFT on a fly yesterday :smokin:
Congrats

juro
08-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Congrats Fred!

Seems like I will be the list 'virgin' with my current schedule :rolleyes:

I hope they hang in until the weekend following this one! (Fingers crossed)

Adrian
08-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Brilliant Fred, congrats.

I'm echoing Juro's hope for that same week-end. Mark (Dble-haul) and I will be taking our Forum Sponsorship prize with Capt. Art and he's been getting in amongst the BFT's also.

Dble Haul
08-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Oh yeah........... :cool:

Good work Fred!

FishHawk
08-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Fred great news!!! Hope these fish come back next season , I'm going to start saving my money for a charter next year. FishHawk :smokin:

FredA
08-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Fun day with Basser and his buddy, Chris Aubet. Day started slow with Mondays front having shut things down but the afternoon presented lots of shots. As some of you know I s%*k flyfishing from a boat. Had a chance to work on my line management and danceing with the "motion of the ocean" skills. Also had an education by observation of some fine boat handling skills. No run and gun here, just ease up on the pod and set one of the old farts up for an easy cast. Chris, I think, was a bit irritated with our muffed shots. With the opps. we had we should have boated more fish. Big thanks to John and Chris for a great day.

Penguin
08-18-2005, 10:42 AM
...and all in sight of terra firma...what's not to like !? :D
I noticed that there was a tubular "keep-the-client-in-the-boat" device up front...
Any pics to post and/or feed back for the prop-wash section?!

jfbasser
08-18-2005, 10:55 AM
The client keepah is semi-custom and quite comfortable after you learn to trust it. I will try to get dimensions and fabricator early next week for the propwash section.

BigDave
08-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Way to go Fred! False albacore will never be the same...

You guys caught it just in time. The shot of cold water down there seems to have put the kibosh on things since Monday....

Chris
08-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Sweet Fred,
Are they as powerful as they say- Like hooking a torpeedo? Where'd put out of and hook-up?

JJones
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Fred,

Good to see you hookin' up! Mighty close to shore, what a great opportunity!

Jonesy

FredA
08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Pete, the client keeper worked well to keep this high stepper from goin overboard, though it could of been a little higher. I do have a bruise on my thigh.

Dave, we were out there Tuesday. Things were dead in the am as a result of the front but as the day warmed activety picked up. By the way, that was my first tunoid of any kind though I did have a brief hookup with a bluefin from the beach at the light last year.

Chris, these were the small varity but pretty damn powerful. The first 2 I hooked broke off the 20# tippet easily when I had line get wrapped on the reel handle.