Rumor Mill... north shore [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rumor Mill... north shore

juro
08-15-2005, 02:28 PM
North Shore loaded with bunker and bass/blues per reports from weekend anglers. The beaches might really be singin' this fall :cool:

flydoc
08-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Mmmmm.....sounds like it's time for a visit to the folks (15 min drive to Plum Island)...
Flydoc

Nick
08-16-2005, 08:17 AM
I have found the bait...and small bass. Nothing major to report from my eyes yet. Essex and Ipswitch are chock full of 12"ers. Good for stripers, bad for nick.

juro
08-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Reports of bigger fish came from out on the "rocks".

Nick
08-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Reports of bigger fish came from out on the "rocks".

Many things are better on the rocks...

I definitely spooked a bunch of fish early saturday morning, but couldn't get them to take. I think they were bass, but may have been some lazy blues. This bit of fresh air right now has me hankering for a bass blitz surrounding me while i wade in the shadows of the North Shore.

Lefty
08-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Yo Guys,
Ya, couple weeks ago I took my son and a friend to a place I call "Up sound".
Ipswich area of course. We found cartwheeling schoolies in the side coves and creeks, spraying bait. Good day for the boys. Also have observed SBFT ripping through pods offshore of Gloucester. Good to see bait this early. Having a very full social/travel calendar this summer has led to limited fishing. So I'm really looking forward to compensating this fall. Can't wait for mid Sept. thru Nov 1.
Might be time to hit Castle Rock before work.....

Lefty

Nick
08-16-2005, 04:07 PM
New job's got me down in Waltham now so the early morning stuff is out for me unfortunately. Weekend warrior on the North Shore.

Hope to see you out there Lefty!