Vinyard hot spots to hit? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Vinyard hot spots to hit?

tomd
08-10-2005, 11:39 AM
I'll be spending the next 2 weeeks in W. Tisbury. can anyone tell me the Vinyard hot spots to hit? obviously, I'm not looking for anyones secret honey holes!!! oh yeah, I'll have my boat on the trailer with me...thanks, Tom D

JimW
08-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Menemsha might be worth a look up inside as would the opening of lake Tashmoo. Cape poge gut / entrance to Edgartown.
From shore - I'd highly recommend dogfish bar ~3/4 mile down Lobsterville beach just before you get to the rocks 1/2 incoming.

Mattb
08-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Tom, I'm also planning a trip this fall. I'm going over with a friend in his 18' Parker- we'll have to have a good day to make it work, but hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I've had good luck shore fishing right off the jetty in menemsha in the past, but this'll be my first time boating so I don't really have a whole lot of info for you. If you haven't already, you should check out Larry's Tackle Shop's webpage, they have a good fishing spots page that describes all the major shore fishing spots on the island.

I'd be interested to hear how things work out for you, please post a report when you get back.