T&T G series? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: T&T G series?

Moose
07-26-2005, 08:10 PM
I aquired a T&T rod, 9 foot 9 weight 2 piece, marked G(serial#) Permit. Wondering if anybody has any experience with the rod? It needs a complete restoration and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Anyone know what catalog year this rod was sold in? Trying to get any info I can.

Count
07-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Try contacting Len Codella...he used to own T&T back in the 1980s, I think.

Don't want to get my chops busted for listing his Web site, so just do a Yahoo search using his name.

Good Luck,

Count

nickcsus
07-28-2005, 11:00 PM
If you call Thomas and Thomas and ask for Trevor, I am sure that he can help you. My wife and I took a tour of the T&T factory last week and Trevor was enormously helpful and has access, as you might expect, to exactly the information you need. They do restorations, even if you are not the original owner. I suggest you give them a call.

For those of you thinking of doing a tour of the facility, I say go for it! It was very educational, and as a bonus, my wife no longer thinks that high end rods are ridiculously expensive. We have seen what goes into making them and understand a little better what these excellent companies are up to...I was completely sold on the place!

Nick Burnett

juro
07-29-2005, 06:49 AM
Nick -

We've been talking about taking the tour forever! Trevor is a great guy, I am gonna get this going again.

Moose
07-29-2005, 10:30 PM
I emailed T&T and got no response, so I'll give them a call and see what I can find out.