Temple Fork TiCr 12', 12 weight [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Temple Fork TiCr 12', 12 weight

Bill Michelinie
07-20-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm thinking of this rod for surf fishing on the mid-atlantic coast. It is a two hand fly rod. If anybody has any experience with it, I would be very interested in hearing about it. Thanks.

seuss
07-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Bill,

You might try reposting in the Gear Talk section. Or better yet, perhaps Mr. Moderator will move your post over.

I haven't gone down the road of a double hander myself (yet), but I know a lot of others on the forum have...with great success, especially in the surf. I can't seem to recall a ton of previous discussion about the TF 12 footer, but I know a lot of others have gone the route of the Atlantis and been very happy. I'd suggest doing a quick thread search along these lines, which should turn up a fair bit of info.

Hope this helps.

-S

Bill Michelinie
07-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks Seuss. Good advice. This is my first post on FFF but , with the help of people like you, I''ll learn the ropes! :cool:

juro
07-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Welcome Bill -

You'll want to talk to Jay Horton, 2HandtheSalt. He fishes TFO a lot. Actually, I think it's the 12'6" 12wt non-TiCr he fishes (not sure). Is this rod new?

To send a PM, just go to your "User CP" link (see menu bar in dark blue above). Along the left side you will see "Send New Message".

Bill Michelinie
07-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks Juro. I did get a nice response from Jay on another board. It seems we both lurk in the same corners of hyperspace! :chuckle:

The TiCr 12x12 is fairly new. It is on TFO's webpage but finding info about it has been difficult for me. Jay worked with Lefty on the design and the reports I have gotten so far have been favorable.