At last - Relief!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: At last - Relief!!!

Adrian
07-14-2005, 05:07 PM
I wondered how long it would be before the penny dropped. I have a goretex drysuit with waterproof 'relief zipper' and I always thought it couldn't be that hard - or expensive - to incorporate the same system in a pair of waders.

Hodgman have come up with a full length waterproof front zipper on their guidelite range of waders that's got to be a hit - as long as they don't wear out :lildevl:

The convenience of not having to peel off multiple layers of gear and clothing would be very cool. I saw a couple of positive reviews but its a bit early to tell how well they will stand up to serious abuse.

I wonder how long it will be before SIMMS and the other manufacturers jump on the bandwagon?

sean
07-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Pretty cool. Now I can retire my condom catheter experiments :)

However if it did fail and leak you would have quite the chilly willy.

-sean

jfbasser
07-14-2005, 05:59 PM
I have been waiting for relief myself...Hope they make them in Xtra Stout sizes :biggrin:

Bob Pauli
07-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Free Willy?

juro
07-15-2005, 11:25 AM
What, no trap door?

Eddie
07-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Patagonia had a prototype pair that they used to display at shows. It looked like Frankenstein's head. The T-zip (like on dry suits) is so stiff, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be easier to just pull 'em down. Come to think of it, I don't seee how well this would work, with all the layers and such. I think I'll let the bold early adopters work this one out.